Business Development Manager
From our Brussels HQ, Business Development Managers manage tenders for development projects and technical assistance contracts funded by international donors worldwide. In order to strengthen our Business Development team, we are currently hiring one Manager who will report directly to the Department Director.
Candidates who do not meet the listed criteria kindly refrain from applying. Thank you for your comprehension.
Required Profile and professional expertise:
- Fluency in English and French (writing and speaking), Spanish is an asset;
- Educational background : University Degree, preferably Master’s level in a relevant field of expertise;
- At least 7 years of general professional experience including 5 years in international project management (call for proposals, grants and/or project management). 2 years in the day-to-day management of international tenders will be considered an asset;
- Experience in the following sectors is considered an asset: environment, climate change, rural development
- Knowledge of international cooperation funding mechanisms as well as the bidding processes of a range of international aid agencies is essential (EU as a minimum; GIZ, KFW and FCO are considered an asset);
- Proven ability to draft technical proposals: research tasks, analytical and drafting skills;
- Candidates must be highly success-oriented, have a commercial outlook and possess the ability to lead and develop technical and financial proposals;
- Available for frequent travel to developing countries;
- Strong communication skills, good team player, together with ability to work independently and efficiently;
- High energy level, positive attitude;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Planning and organisation skills;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Word, Excel. A demonstrated ability with editing and design software will be an added value.
- a stimulating work environment;
- a permanent contract;
- a group hospitalisation plan;
- meal tickets;
For further information visit: http://www.transtec.be
Transtec is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates. Thank you for your understanding.
About the Organization
Transtec puts an emphasis on development processes, acting as a virtuous circle to reach the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Working with local actors and the international community, we deliver quality, context-driven development solutions across the intervention cycle - breaking poverty and building prosperous stable communities.
We are committed to making a difference by ensuring that aid effectiveness constitutes the single and most important focus in our interventions. This is achieved by incorporating Quality Assurance mechanisms at each phase of project and programme implementation and ensuring compliance with requested standards and expected results. In doing so, we build on our 30 years of Knowledge Management maintained by our personnel, projects, programmes and experiences.
We hence provide a full range of high level technical services in project and programme design and management, framework contracts, long term agreements management and cutting edge monitoring and evaluation solutions to multilateral partner organisations including the European Investment Bank, the United Nations (UNDEF, UNHCR, WFP, UNICEF, UNDP), the World Bank, the African Development Bank, and national official development agencies including the UK Department for International Development (DfID), the Belgian Technical Cooperation (BTC), the French Agency for Development (AFD), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), the Swedish International Development Cooperation (SIDA) and the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCA).
We are constantly searching for innovative and creative solutions that will support our interventions.