Head Global is leading the recruitment on behalf of Making Cents International for their Business Development Manager position.
Making Cents International is a results-driven women-owned small business founded on the principles of social entrepreneurship. Since our founding in 1999, we have been fostering human potential and promoting economic opportunities for disadvantaged populations around the world. We have implemented more than 130 projects in over 60 countries to date and are a trusted partner to public- and private-sector clients who benefit from our expertise and broad industry exposure.
In your role as Business Development Manager you will support the implementation of Making Cents International’s new business development strategy. You will use your knowledge of the proposal process and experience coordinating proposals to gather business intelligence on upcoming bids, contribute to capture efforts, and lead and/or contribute to writing proposals as a sub or prime contractor in response to USAID and other US and international public and private clients. Your interpersonal and communication skills will enable you to represent Making Cents effectively at industry events and partner meetings. Using your strong writing and editing skills, you will coordinate with our communications team in developing communications products that describe Making Cents’ technical competencies and project success stories. Success in this role requires a detail-oriented, proactive individual who enjoys working in a dynamic, small business environment.
- Lead and/or coordinate the development, drafting, and finalizing of technical and cost proposals and budgets with input from technical and operations staff.
- Support capture and proposal development efforts, including communication with prime contractors and/or partner organizations.
- Contribute to company’s new business development strategy.
- Maintain and develop new relationships with partners, public- and private-sector clients, and corporate/family foundations.
- Support proposal and BD consultant recruitment.
- Develop corporate capability statements in coordination with the communications team.
- Attend conferences and networking events on behalf of Making Cents.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Five years of experience working in international development.
- Two years of experience working on USAID proposal responses as a prime contractor or subcontractor, including participating in capture efforts, writing technical sections of proposals, and developing proposal budgets.
- Strong writing skills.
- Demonstrated MS Office skills, including proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
Ideal candidates are:
- Graduates of a master’s degree program.
- Experienced working on proposals for private-sector clients and foundations.
- Demonstrably interested in at least one of Making Cents’ technical areas.
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and able to handle multiple concurrent tasks.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Experienced living and/or working in developing countries.
- Proficient in one or more foreign languages (French, Arabic, Spanish).
About the Organization
Head Global provides high-quality, carefully customized recruitment and business development services to our international development clients around the world. We find talent specifically tailored to your organization’s unique needs so that you can deliver the best development services for your stakeholders around the world.
Since 2016, Head Global has provided recruitment and business development services to more than 30 international development partners, and worked in more than 60 countries across all continents and in all international development technical sectors.
Whether you need short-term consultants with a specific specialty in business development, project operations, or a niche skill-set; or you need a new long-term staff member in your home office or a project office, Head Global focuses on finding the right fit based on your unique needs. We screen consultants and job seekers based on both their experience and cultural fit. We strive to not only meet your short- or long-term hiring need, but wow you.
Check out our website at www.headgloballlc.com