Abt Associates seeks Business Development (BD) Managers/Regional Partners to support the continued growth of the International Development Division Regions. In particular, Abt seeks a Regional Business Development Partner for the Asia, Middle East and North Africa region, and one for the East, Central and Southern Africa region. The BD Regional Partner will play an integral role in the division’s business development team as well as the business development life cycle.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Partners with Regional Managing Director (RMD) and IDD VP of Business Development to advance business development in the region
- Provides management and support for regional pipeline development, in consultation with RMD and IDD VP of BD;
- Provides input into bid/no-bid decisions and updates and maintains the pipeline tracker for the region
- Provides management and quality assurance on bid/capture efforts, across sectors, in the region
- Serves in proposal line roles such as: proposal manager, lead technical writer, management writer, personnel writer, institutional capability writer, annex writer, etc.
- Staffs bid/capture efforts and supports regional management and team
- Serves as primary BD liaison for region and RMD. Attends regional staff and other relevant regional meetings, including country coordination meetings.
- Coordinates closely with account managers
- Support the day-to-day operations and management of business development across the region
- Leads data analysis, reporting, and knowledge management to inform business development strategy and operations
- Conducts long-term and short-term strategic research that informs the growth strategy of the region
- Manages a database of partners, setting up meetings and facilitating relationships
- Maintains new business files, resources, tools
- Supports training program to build the capacity of business development across the division
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Master’s degree in international development, or other related field.
- At least 5-8 years of experience in business development and proposal development in the donor-funded international development field.
- Demonstrated experience and success in all aspects of capture and proposal processes.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills with excellent writing and computer skills.
- A passion for excellence and a commitment to quality.
- Bachelor degree and 8 – 10 years of experience the equivalent combination of education and experience.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Founded in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1965, Abt Associates was built on the concept that sound information and empirical analysis are the best foundations for effective decision making. The firm blends the subject matter expertise of our staff with technical capabilities in applied research, program implementation, and data collection to shape policy, strengthen systems, measure performance, and deliver other solutions to our public and private sector clients. Examples of Abt Associates’ work include nationally recognized research, evaluation, and technical assistance to improve the efficiency of healthcare systems, the effectiveness of government housing programs, the production of food, and the measurement of public opinion. Abt’s staff of more than 2000 includes national and international experts who are known for their understanding of communities and governments worldwide, innovative research techniques, and insightful—and often groundbreaking—analyses and recommendations. Approximately 51 percent of our staff has graduate degrees; one in six has a doctorate. Our staff’s educational and professional disciplines include economics, engineering, environmental analysis, epidemiology, food security, health, housing, international development, psychology, social science, statistics, and survey methodology. Abt’s research staff is experienced with prominent statistical software packages, including SPSS, SAS, and STATA, along with qualitative software such as NVIVO and Atlas. In 2011, Abt Associates was ranked among the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 development innovators. Abt has offices in Atlanta, Ga.; Rockville, Md.; Cambridge, Mass.; Chicago, Ill.; Durham, N.C.; and New York City and program offices in nearly 40 countries in Africa, Central and Southeast Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Middle East and North Africa. www.abtassociates.com