Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis seeks a Business Development Manager or Senior Manager to join our dynamic Business Development Support Services Department. Primarily serving as proposal manager and as contributing writer as needed, the successful candidate will also train and mentor staff throughout the company on topics relevant to business development. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of leading new business efforts in international development and/or foreign affairs with US Government clients, particularly the Department of State and Department of Defense. International travel, which may include travel to fragile states, will be required.
- Lead the entire lifecycle of new business development from capture support and bid tracking to proposal development, submission, and follow-up on a portfolio of opportunities.
- Lead proposal development in response to requests for proposals including those for field-based projects and large global opportunities such as IDIQs. This will involve management of proposal teams, calendars, and deadlines; strategy development with technical staff; partner identification and negotiations; recruiting; writing; production; and after-action reviews.
- Serve as section writer for proposals as needed and appropriate.
- Serve as business intelligence gathering lead for a geographic region.
- Contribute to business development systems, tools, and process improvement initiatives as needed.
- Develop, lead, and coach Dexis staff working in business development full time or as a part of their responsibilities in a corporate environment that supports adaptive management, quality, and learning.
- May supervise one or more Business Development Associates and/or Senior Associates and mentor/coach them to encourage their growth.
- Actively participate in increasing Dexis’ visibility in target industry sectors and markets through networking and participation in industry events and organizations.
- If Senior Manager, contribute as assigned to departmental operations management such as budget development and monitoring, systems management, business analyses and corporate reporting, training development and delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of five (for Manager) or eight (for Senior Manager) years of work experience in business development and other relevant fields; including at least 3/5 years (respective to Manager or Senior Manager position) of experience managing complex US government proposals and 2 years in a management or management support role.
- Substantial experience and a successful track record leading large proposal teams on complex subject, multi-year, multi-partner proposals with minimal supervision for the US Department of Defense and/or Department of State.
- Experience managing and successfully mentoring entry- and junior level staff.
- Ability to identify new opportunities for business, non-traditional partners, and next-generation technical strategies.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills. Ability to produce clear, compelling, motivating communications and to learn new audiences quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to manage proposal processes and team relationships to ensure effective collaboration by various contributors to the process, including contributors all levels of the organization and around the world.
- Proven ability to multi-task, to anticipate the long-term, multi-functional impact of all decisions and take a long-range approach to problem-solving and decision-making by analyzing, thinking ahead, and planning.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with key internal and external contacts, including senior management and leadership.
- Skills in Microsoft Office, particularly in Word (advanced document formatting).
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of four weeks per year.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Master’s degree in business, communications, marketing, international development, or related field.
- Established network of DOD and DOS clients, implementing partners, and/or technical experts relevant to Dexis’ portfolio.
- Proficiency in French or Spanish.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and GovWin.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.