Position Summary and Primary Responsibilities:
Working with the Chief of Party (COP), the Business Development and Marketing Senior Manager will lead implementation significant elements of the project’s Components 1 and 2 to enhance the growth of agro-food entities and increase competitiveness. Of these, component 2 will include a targeted investment grant program. He/she will collaborate significantly with the project’s food safety and quality staff expertise and integrate activities into Component 3, a Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting component as well as outreach to industry stakeholders. The project will make extensive use of volunteer and short-term technical expertise sourced within Lebanon and worldwide.
Primary responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- S/he will identify sectors and value chains that are most suitable for planned interventions. S/he will work on the provision of technical assistance to enhance growth of Lebanese agro-food entities to increase their competitivenes
- S/he will design and oversee technical assignments to ensure quality and delivery of service to the projects partners and stakeholders.
- S/he will help to design and execute a process to identify food processing and other value-chain entities that would be eligible to receive investment grants in order to facilitate technology upgrades.
- With partners, s/he will work to enhance access to finance for infrastructure upgrades essential to improve productivity and competitiveness of entities.
- S/he will prepare technical assistance plans for each partner that address needs for marketing and market linkages.
- Use experience and network of professionals, staff contacts and other ongoing USAID projects, NGOs, active in the food sector in Lebanon, to build and maintain collaborative partnerships.
- Facilitate the development of strategic partnerships with potential grantees and current ongoing projects in country.
- Monitor and share information about new opportunities, latest trends, and relevant country information within the food processing sector.
- Oversee a small and agile team to include a Grants Manager and the Procurement and Program Specialist.
Reporting & Supervision:
The BD and Marketing Senior Manager will report to the Chief of Party.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Advanced degree (Master’s degree or above) in Business Administration, Agribusiness, Agriculture Economics, or other relevant degree.
- A minimum of 10 years of agricultural business development and marketing experience working with NGOs and the private sector, associations or international donors.
- Experience in leading agricultural value chain and market system development interventions in a development organization.
- Strong understanding of private sector food and agriculture sectors in Lebanon and requirements to be competitive in expert markets.
- Demonstrated experience in networking with donors, government officials and the private sector.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop collaborative relationships, especially in a multi-component project.
- Superior analytic, communication and interpersonal skills, including training and facilitation skills and demonstrated experience working with multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- A minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role.
- Familiarity with USAID grants and rules is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English with excellent writing skills.
About the Organization
Land O'Lakes International Development is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-folk, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets. Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress.
Our team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth. By unlocking the potential of agriculture for the last 36 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.