WOCCU is looking for a business development officer to support our business development manager on project development and marketing. The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of proposal development experience with USAID and an interest in microfinance and digital finance. The position will have a focus on research, administration, and coordination.
New Business Development:
- Conduct research to a) identify potential project opportunities and funding sources, and b) gather country, background, and technical information required for project proposal preparation.
- Regularly review news and information sources and donor websites and forward relevant information items to appropriate staff.
- Track current and upcoming project opportunities on USG procurement sites, DevEx, and others.
- Work with other WOCCU departments as well as donors and bilateral and multilateral agencies to help identify new business opportunities and contribute to the prioritization and coordination of project proposal activities.
- Maintain and update list of project proposals pipeline.
Project Proposal Development:
- Identify minimum proposal requirements and ensure completion of the same.
- Coordinate individual assignments, identify timelines and track team members’ responsibilities for the timely completion of tasks identified in the proposal process.
- Review completed tasks for quality control.
- Participate in project teams, perform research activities and draft specific sections of proposal and concept papers as assigned. Prepare certifications and representations documents required for proposal submission.
- Maintain WOCCU’s electronic and paper project development files.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, international business, development, journalism, or related areas of study.
- 1-3 years related experience working in a proposal development, with demonstrated knowledge of proposal procedures. Experience with USAID is required.
English fluency. Spanish and/or French fluency is preferred.
Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), experience with SharePoint. Design software is helpful, but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
TRAVEL: Up to 30 days per calendar year; domestic and international travel.
About the Organization
World Council of Credit Unions is the global trade association and development agency for credit unions and savings and credit co-operatives. Our international development programs assist credit unions and their associations to promote economic development, providing access to financial services to improve health outcomes, foster micro, small and medium-sized enterprise growth, increase food security, advance educational achievement, develop mobile payment networks, support communities at risk and encourage legislative reform and regulatory systems development. World Council represents more than 208 million members of 57,000+ credit unions in 103 countries across the globe.