MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The Business Development & Program Manager (BDPM) will initiate and support new business capture efforts and manage projects across the Crown Agents group (CA) of companies. Under the supervision and direction of the CA-USA President & CEO, s/he will work and coordinate with key CA group headquarters staff (technical and regional directors, international project office heads, and country/project directors); manage projects; and maintain regular communication with CA clients in the US. The BDPM will support the CA group to develop and execute strategic business development plans, manage and lead new business capture efforts, and lead proposal development, including both technical writing and cost proposal development. S/he will support internal and external collaboration to increase visibility with CA clients and to advance integration of CA-USA within the CA group to effectively promote and grow CA global portfolio of projects and strengthen relationships with key clients. The BDPM will be responsible for day-to-day project management from contract award through closeout, including contractual compliance, financial management, and oversight of project personnel, grants, and subcontractors. The BDPM may lead special initiatives to advance the adaptation and adoption of new information, communication, and other technologies, systems, and processes which increase business development and program implementation effectiveness, impact, and cost efficiency and support of the growth of group’s portfolio and technical capacities.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB
New Business Development
- Program Management tasks are expected to focus heavily on USAID/OTI.
- Serve as day-to-day liaison with USAID/OTI on SWIFT 5 IDIQ and task orders.
- Cultivate strong relationships with field teams implementing awarded projects, especially the Chief of Party and other senior field staff responsible for grants, procurement, logistics, finance, HR, etc.
- Manage awarded projects and support field teams to develop and make sub awards to grantees and local and international vendors in compliance with U.S. Government regulations.
- Responsible for drafting, reviewing, contributing to, and assuring the quality and timely submission of project deliverables and other ad hoc reports for clients.
- Develop scopes of work for short-term technical assistance consultancies and technical specifications for project-required goods and services.
- Submit updates on projects for and lead presentations during quarterly contract reviews with CA group executives.
- Accountable for project budget management and timely submission of invoices and accruals to USAID.
- Review CA monthly job status reports and invoices for accuracy prior to submission to the client.
- Review monthly field office financial reports and back up for compliance with donor requirements and CA policies.
- Work with CA finance and accounting staff to monitor and track project budgets versus actual expenditure and provide input to update forward expenditure projections.
- Work with CA finance and accounting staff to manage project budgets by monitoring and updating budget versus actual expenditure and forward cost projection files.
- Work with field staff and lead the preparation of budget realignments, drafting sound and clear justifications for budget realignment requests for submission to clients.
- Work with field project staff and the CA group communications staff to keep the CA-USA pages on the CA website up to date.
- Assist with development, updating, and production of marketing and informational brochures.
Contracts & Compliance
- Accountable for ensuring contractual compliance across all areas, personnel engagement (short- and long-term expat/national employees and consultants), grants, procurement, international travel, IT, environmental, VAT and inventory reporting and disposition, etc. working closely with CA’s senior contracts and senior HR advisors to draft approval requests and secure all required approvals and/or concurrence.
- Review and/or draft project-required or business development-related consulting agreements, purchase orders, and/or subcontracts.
About the Organization
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.