SI is seeking an experienced, full-time Business Development Recruitment Associate to be based in Arlington, VA. The Associate will work with a hard-working and fun recruitment team under SI’s Business Development Unit and will report to the Deputy Director of Recruitment. S/he will lead recruitment efforts on proposals for both large and long-term, as well as small and less complex proposals for USG, foundations and other donors worldwide. In addition, as SI is looking to constantly improve, the Associate will have the opportunity to take on internal initiatives including participation in leading staff training on recruitment procedures, streamlining company-wide recruitment processes, and brainstorming on improvement of staffing and recruitment proposal writing.
- As the lead recruiter on proposals, work closely with the SI proposal team members to ensure communication on staffing and recruitment throughout the proposal.
- Demonstrate full-cycle candidate care and communication with contacted and proposed candidates throughout the proposal recruitment process in order to build SI’s network and long-term relationships. Notify candidates should they not be selected as finalists, and maintain regular communication with proposed candidates after submission of a proposal.
- Develop draft and final organizational charts based on the proposal’s scope of work, in order to direct discussions with the SI proposal team in order to guide recruitment efforts and determine how the proposed team should be structured accordingly. Develop and post position descriptions on appropriate recruiting sources.
- Creatively source qualified expat and local personnel for high priority key and non-key personnel proposal positions.
- Assist the SI Technical Lead of the proposal in determining finalist candidates for their approval according to proposal positions/requirements, including providing them with summaries and recommendations of short-listed candidates, coordinate and conduct tailored interviews with the Tech Lead, and assessing the overall proposed team skill sets to guide the decision-making.
- For each finalist proposal candidate: conduct reference checks; collect and verify biodata rates for the Pricer’s approval of rates; conduct and document full salary, citizenship, and education verifications, and lead salary or daily rate negotiations.
- Collect Letters of Commitment, writing samples, Conflict of Interest forms, other candidate documents required by the solicitation.
- Format and tailor CVs and develop well-crafted bioblurbs for each proposed candidate according to the position and solicitation qualifications. Draft personnel, staffing, and recruitment-related sections of the proposal.
- Work with the Proposal Coordinator to provide quality assurance on personnel-related documentation.
- Work with Technical Lead (or delegated team member) to create an Short-Term Technical Assistance roster if necessary.
- A Bachelor’s degree with 3 plus years of professional experience.
- Experience working with USAID and other development agencies required.
- Very strong professionalism and oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of independent action.
- Must be fully comfortable utilizing online applicant systems and candidate database as a recruitment tool.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Foreign language skills (Spanish, French) desirable.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.