Do you have experience creating winning proposals in the recruitment or global development fields? Do you love managing client relationships? Are you excited to be a part of a mission-driven, global enterprise that has an open, teamwork-focused culture? Read on.
You’re adaptable, organized, customer-service and detail-oriented, and you are a star proposal writer. You thrive in an environment where you have minimal oversight and can support leadership and directors to develop well designed, crafted and articulate proposals. You love to make sure everything stays on track, especially proposal deadlines, and you strive to bring stellar communication skills, positivity, and empathy to every interaction.
Does this sound like you? If you just said “yes,” keep reading…
What you’ll do here
If you’ve read this far, we know that you want to know more. What will you do as the Business Development Senior Associate?
In your first 90 days you’ll:
- Get to know Devex services that can be leveraged for talent purposes
- Put together basic proposals in response to RFPs or new business opportunities developed by Devex leadership
- Manage relationships with key accounts like the African Development Bank, World Food Programme, and Asian Development Bank with minimal supervision
- Smooth communication channels between new business and implementation teams
- Lead a call or meeting with a current or prospective client
- Improve the look and quality of proposal template content
By the time you finish your first year you’ll have:
- Support Devex EVPs and directors in developing well designed, crafted and articulate proposals leveraging the full suite of Devex Talent Solutions services, customized to solve client’s specific recruitment and talent challenges
- Manage the overall proposal process coordinating various internal stakeholders and ensuring deadlines are met
- Serve as account manager for key accounts liaising with the implementation team to ensure smooth delivery of services, contractual oversight, and project and financial reporting and billing
- Collaborate with internal and freelance marketing pro’s to develop marketing campaigns to promote Devex Talent Solutions
- Update and maintain library of Devex assets to be used in proposals
- Monitor and respond to incoming RFPs and requests for recruitment services as well as long-term contracts and agreements
- Develop outbound new business to build a pipeline of opportunities
- Create innovative solutions to increase efficiency, impact, and results in both the proposal process as well as service delivery
- Here are the basic requirements we’re looking for in the role…
- Native-level of spoken and written English
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Work authorization in Spain
- Client relationship management experience
- Besides the basics, here’s what we’d love to see you have experience in…
- Outbound sales or business development
- Experience in global development sector, especially in recruitment
- Financial and reporting skills
- Existing network in global development, particularly among HR and recruitment professionals
What We Offer You
Being part of the Devex team is a partnership. We strive to make Devex a space where you can thrive and do your most inspirational work. Here are a few benefits we offer in our Barcelona office:
- Flexible work hours
- Generous maternity/paternity leave
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Professional development and wellness activities
- 23 days paid vacation
- 2, one week-long enterprise-wide breaks to rest and recharge
- 2 YAY days to learn or adventure as you like
- Private health and dental insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Ready to get started? Apply now!
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding and career opportunities. Our goal is to do more good for more people. Today, we reach over 1 million aid workers and development professionals, and we can't wait to make it even more.
We live our mission, and bring our world-class academic and professional experience to work every single day to change the world.
Our diverse global team includes 120+ web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. Our headquarters is in Washington, DC., we have offices in Barcelona and Manila, and reporters on 5 continents. We cover the most meaningful issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time. Professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.