Specific responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Track procurements for potential business opportunities through international public procurement websites and procurement listings for key clients and markets
- Work with senior management to identify business opportunities by building and managing relationships with prospective clients or partner firms
- Manage and/or directly prepare expressions of interest and proposals for responding to specific business opportunities, including the preparation of project descriptions, expert CVs, and supplementary materials
- Periodically conduct win/loss reviews to determine what factors caused the firm to win or lose business and proactively share this with the firm
- Manage and/or directly prepare marketing materials (descriptions of capabilities and project experience, media updates, and presentations) to support strategic marketing activities
- Manage and/or directly update company website and social media pages
- Work with senior management team to develop and implement a business development strategy
- Opportunities to lead the growth of K&M’s business development team exist based on the candidate’s experience and results.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, or similar.
- Excellent English writing skills are required. Spanish language skills (speaking, reading, and writing) are preferred. Native English speaker is also preferred.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel in particular).
- At least 4 years of business development experience directly related to the above responsibilities and for a consulting firm that works for government and private clients
- Basic knowledge of the power sector, and ideally power generation, are preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage time effectively, and to prioritize and deliver on multiple tasks. Attention to detail is very important.
The successful candidate must be available immediately to start on a full-time basis and be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Send the following materials to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Short writing sample in English (maximum of 3 pages)
About the Organization
K&M is an internationally-recognized infrastructure finance and engineering advisory firm. Since its creation in 1986, K&M has advised private investors, multilateral agencies, and governments on the development of power, water, and telecommunications projects valued at over US$30 billion. K&M provides a range of technical and commercial consulting services, including transaction advisory, project development advisory, due diligence, and Owner’s and Lender’s Engineer services. K&M has played a leading role in the development of public-private partnerships (PPP) and Independent Power Producers (IPP) in power generation around the world, including the implementation of the first IPPs in a number of developing countries. K&M is owned by the Dorado Group, a private developer, owner, operator and manager of independent power projects.
K&M Advisors is looking for a Senior Business Development Associate or Manager on a full-time basis to play an active role in supporting the growth of K&M’s consulting services. The Senior Business Development Associate or Manager will work directly with K&M’s management and consulting teams to identify business opportunities, prepare marketing materials, conduct market research, and respond to procurement opportunities for consulting engagements. In this role, the Senior Business Development Associate or Manager will gain exposure to all areas of K&M’s business and will have the opportunity to work directly with senior staff to support the company’s growth.