As a Business Development Senior Manager, you will position World Vision US and National Offices for anticipated funding opportunities. Provide guidance and leadership to colleagues on good program design and provide quality assurance in proposal development process. Serve as lead for large and complex funding proposal development processes involving technical content and complex consortium partnerships. Help carry out our Christian organization’s mission, vision, and strategies. Personify the ministry of World Vision by witnessing to Christ and ministering to others through life, deed, word and sign.
- Identify relevant upcoming funding opportunities through advance intelligence gathering and prepare recommendations based on specific go/no-go decision criteria. Identify required relevant resources, strategic partnerships and proposal development resources needed for pursuing identified funding opportunities.
- Serve as lead for highly technical and/or complex grant funding proposal preparations.
Utilize program design expertise to guide and lead quality program design (involving US and field based technical and finance colleagues) that builds on evidence based approaches and is responsive to the guidelines and specification outlined by the donor.
Engage in the development of best practice and evidence base for approaches utilized in proposals.
Support technical brand positioning as needed.
Build effective working relationships with potential partners on proposal bids.
Support recruitment process to ensure timely identification and inclusion of qualified key personnel for proposals.
Manage proposal review process and check for quality, activity budget alignment, responsiveness and compliance with donor guidelines and solicitation instructions.
For funded proposals, coordinate program design hand over to program manager(s).
Mentor and build capacity of Business Development Managers on the team.
Keep Christ central in our individual and corporate lives. Attend and participate in the leadership of devotions, weekly Chapel services and regular prayer.
Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as part of a team.
Keep informed of organizational announcements, activities and changes via regular reading of the WVUS Intranet and other corporate communication tools.
- Manage pre-solicitation proposal preparations and bid planning.
- Ensure quality inputs to proposal technical submission.
- Manage partners’ inputs to the cost application.
- Provide technical input to field and US-based finance officers to support completion of the cost application in alignment with the technical program design.
- Manage consultants recruited to support proposed development when relevant.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience (eight years). Master’s strongly preferred. In addition to education or education equivalent, requires a minimum of 7 years of international relief and development work experience including a minimum of three years of successful proposal development for USAID and other USG donors.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.