The Business Development Specialist (BDS) leads proposal efforts and supports delivery of full life cycle of business development activities, including capture planning, strategy, and value propositions. The BDS will also lead small-scale pursuits from start to finish.
The BDS will refine and execute win strategies through leading proposal efforts, effective teaming, staffing and pricing strategies. The BDS advances assigned opportunities through the capture lifecycle to increase the probability of win and develops winning proposals.
The BDS will lead proposal efforts, and support opportunity identification, qualification and capture efforts as assigned by the VP of Growth.
- Lead proposal efforts and support capture efforts to secure new or support re-compete business opportunities, as assigned
- Lead and integrate an assigned cross-functional pursuit team
- Develop and manage capture budget; plan resources and schedules for capture and proposal plans; and develop proposals including reviews and submission
- Develop capture strategy, competitive assessments and competitor analysis, capture plan, teaming, and price-to-win
- Develop and execute contact plans, including detailed reports for follow-up activities
- Meet with customers, competitors, and partners to develop insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices, in order to develop win strategies for assigned opportunities
- Coordinate timely production and submission of proposals, concept papers, and related correspondence to funder to include project management plans, basis of effort development, technical volumes, past performance and staffing plans, required forms, etc.
- Develop proposal timelines, templates, and teams that deliver high-quality proposals on time and efficiently. Assure compliance with timelines, and ensure effective and ongoing communication
- Draft, edit and synthesize proposal content, ensuring appropriate linkages among programmatic approaches, performance monitoring plan, staffing, management, capacity and past performance statements, work-plan timelines, and branding plans. Incorporate compelling win strategies in proposal narratives, pricing, and other elements. Draw on market and competitor analysis plus thorough knowledge of CRDF Global capabilities and experience.
- Create and deliver presentations for CRDF Global gate reviews
- Participate in business development and capture planning activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, briefing capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process and when material changes occur
- Meet regularly and collaborate with Growth department colleagues and other non-Growth staff in planning sessions to achieve Growth objectives, to ensure adherence to the capture process, and to represent Growth as appropriate at internal meetings
- Conduct after-action reviews for business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
- Record and track contacts, leads, and opportunities in Salesforce
- 3 to 6 years of experience in business development and contract negotiations with an understanding of the process (Request for Information, Request for Proposals, etc.) to capture grant and contract vehicles
- 2 to 3 years of experience in international business or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferred in Business or related area;
- Strong customer service orientation
- Familiarity and experience with U.S. government RFP websites and grant management systems, including FBO, grants.gov, and others.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt quickly to new challenges, ability to take initiative and work independently with strong organization and time management skills
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis, planning, and problem solving skills
- Close attention to detail and the ability to work under the pressure of deadlines.
- Excellent and effective written and oral communications skills and the ability to interact with a wide range of individuals from varied backgrounds at all levels within their organizations
- Ability to prepare and report through concise Powerpoint presentations
- U.S. work authorization is required
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please submit an application at: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=19356&clientkey=60D95AD41D660419D67A1DE4E498FD49
About the Organization
CRDF Global is an independent nonprofit organization founded in 1995 in response to the collapse of the Soviet Union and the threat of large-scale proliferation of weapons technology from the region. With support authorized by the Nunn-Lugar Act of 1991 and the Freedom Support Act of 1992, as well private foundation contributions, CRDF Global embarked on bolstering the global scientific community and fostering alternatives to weapons research.
In the past 25 years, our work has expanded to address ever-changing global concerns, but our commitment to ensuring the success of our partners remains the same. We are a leading provider of flexible logistical support, program design and management, and strategic capacity building programs in the areas of higher education, CBRNE security and nonproliferation, border security, cybersecurity, global health, technology entrepreneurship, and international professional exchanges.
With offices in Arlington, VA; Kyiv, Ukraine; and Amman, Jordan, CRDF Global’s diverse staff and networks of local community and government stakeholders deliver tailored programs that meet specific regional needs in over 100 countries across the globe.
Our world, healthy, safe, and sustainable.
Safety, security, and sustainability through science, innovation, and collaboration
We do the right thing.
We care about each other and the people we work with.
We work together to deliver excellence.