Job Title: Business Development Specialist II
Reports to: Bangladesh Country Manager
Salary Grade: 10
As Business Development (BD) Specialist II you will lead the production of high quality applications for funding in support of CRS’ engagement with institutional donors and initiatives involved in international development to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and skills will allow you to provide specialized assistance in all dimensions of the BD cycle to cross-disciplines and cross-functional teams.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
* Provide BD expertise in positioning, capture planning and proposal preparation for specific opportunities with institutional donors (government and inter-governmental award issuing organizations, as well as foundations, corporations and other awarding non-governmental organizations). Including working with local Bangladeshi staff and consultants to support these activities in key local fora and taking advantage of local opportunities with non-traditional donors.
* Work with staff and partners to contribute to develop a country program value proposition and strategy aligned with CRS’ global strategy Vision 2030.
* Coordinate proposal development processes to ensure timely submission of high quality proposals that are responsive to donor requirements, applicable regulations, and CRS’ technical and cost standards. Lead and support proposal budget processes and propose recommendations to develop a competitive proposal.
* As appropriate, serve as proposal coordinator or other lead role in proposal team, and participate in bid analysis and proposal review panels. Serve as a lead or support writer on proposals, contributing both technical and non-technical content and integrating inputs from staff and partners into a responsive, coherent proposal with a compelling vision and clear win themes.
* Train and mentor staff and partners, as needed, to improve their skills in proposal development, representation to donor and partner organizations, intelligence-gathering, and marketing within their country program or portfolio.
* Work closely with Caritas Bangladesh to support their ability to take a leading role in business development processes and award negotiation – particularly with institutional donors – to facilitate localization.
* Support and guide identification of partners and negotiation of CRS’ role on proposal consortia, ensuring a competitive position for CRS that adheres to the agency’s partnership principles and strategic directions. Research, track and analyze new opportunities and CRS’ competitive position within the marketplace.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
By applying to this job, the applicant understands and acknowledges that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, the applicant understands that if s/he is a successful candidate, s/he will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and their personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate their behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS' relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS has been working in Bangladesh, in close partnership with Caritas Bangladesh, since 1971. Over the last 3 decades CRS has worked with Caritas Bangladesh to respond to the needs of refuges and those affected by disasters in the country. Currently, CRS is working with Caritas Bangladesh on development activities in several districts across the country focused on agriculture and livelihoods, DRR, SILC and WASH -- with donors including FFP, MAC Philanthropies and Caritas Australia. CRS is also working closely with Caritas Bangladesh in Cox's Bazar responding to the Rohingya Refugee crisis supporting shelter and protection programming -- with donors including OFDA, C&A Foundation, LDSC, and others. CRS is hoping to establish a full Country Program in Bangladesh at the request of Caritas Bangladesh and is seeking a qualified Business Development Specialist to support growth and strategic positioning.