Job Title: Business Development Specialist II
Note: This position would start in July/August 2020.
As Business Development (BD) Specialist II you will lead the production of high quality applications for funding in support of CRS’ engagement with institutional donors and initiatives involved in international development to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and skills will allow you to provide specialized assistance in all dimensions of the BD cycle to cross-disciplines and cross-functional teams.
* Bachelor’s degree in international development, international relations, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
* Minimum five years of international development experience, with at least three years experience in a developing country.
Required Languages – English and French
Travel – Around 20%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture.
* Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
* Excellent negotiation skills.
* Strong communications and presentation skills.
* Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
* Demonstrated experience utilizing diverse, proactive strategies to competitively position his/her organization for new funding and productive institutional relationships.
* Exceptional writer with expert command of English grammar and AP style.
* Demonstrated experience leading and producing competitive proposals in programming contexts similar to CRS.
* Comprehensive familiarity with a broad range of institutional donor technical and cost requirements.
* Experience with both USAID RFP and RFA funding mechanisms highly desirable.
* Familiarity with relevant institutional donor regulations, policies, procedures and priorities.
* Demonstrated experience managing teams and processes, leading teams to produce deliverables under tight deadlines and at exceptional quality.
* Knowledge of CRS programs, justice agenda and Catholic Social Teaching principles a plus.
* Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.