Nathan Associates is seeking a Business Enabling Environment Specialist to support the Economic Engagement and Private Sector Development Group within the International Development line of business from our home office in Arlington, Virginia. This position will require travel including to the Middle East, Africa, Southeast Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, and other regions. Candidates must have an advanced degree in business, economics, trade, or other relevant field and twelve or more years of experience managing and working on donor-funded and/or development-related technical assistance projects.
- Serve as analyst and technical expert on a variety of projects pertaining to policy, legal, regulatory, and institutional environments for enterprises to become established and grow in developing economies;
- Aid in the capacity development of government institutions to both effectively regulate and efficiently serve the private sector, including with respect to streamlining business start-up and licensing, facilitating conditions for small enterprises to access credit, promoting investment, and supporting other critical aspects of a business-friendly enabling environment;
- Improve business enabling environments at the national and subnational levels, with an emphasis on systems that are accessible, transparent, and inclusive;
- Support professional and sector-based organizations in their ability to advocate on behalf of their members for improved conditions for doing business;
- Proactively identify new business opportunities including programs funded by USAID, other USG agencies, multilateral donors, financial institutions, and private sector clients;
- Plan and oversee BD capture efforts. Lead and participate on specific business development activities, including proposal preparation; and
- Market and outreach to key clients, partners, and stakeholders. Enhance Nathan’s reputation capital by participating in conferences, working groups, and other professionals networks.
- A J.D. and/or LL.M. degree from an accredited law school;
- Approximately 12 years of experience in the Business Enabling Environment field;
- Demonstrated experience in business development, proposal management, and substantive proposal writing;
- Ability to demonstrate a recent record of successes in supporting policy, legal, regulatory, and/or institutional conditions for private sector development in developing economies. Experience developing solutions oriented toward the digital economy a plus;
- Short-term or long-term consulting experience in developing countries required;
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English including prior experience developing proposals;
- Fluency in one or more language other than English preferred; and
- Previous management experience desired.
About the Organization
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence and with corporate offices in the US, London, and India and more than 40 program offices around the world, we offer the following areas of expertise, honed since we opened our doors in 1946: International Development, Litigation & Expert Services, Infrastructure Project Development & Finance, Advisory Services