Job DescriptionJob Description
SNV will co-implement (with The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ), Expertise France and British Council) a technical assistance facility to ACP countries under the inter-ACP development framework of the European Commission. The facility aim is to provide demand-led technical assistance to local actors (in liaison with EU delegations, Development Finance Institutions and other development actors) to improving the business environment and promoting SME development. This action fits within the broader programme of the External Investment Plan of the European Commission which aims at boosting investments and private sector development in developing countries. The facility would provide demand-led technical assistance and strengthen public private sector dialogue platforms, market and investment analysis, technical constraints and evidence based advocacy for policy change and implementation. A Project Management Unit (PMU) will be set up in Brussels and led by GIZ. SNV will have a senior expert on Investment Climate & Business Environment Reform as part of the PMU. The BER assistant expert would assist the Senior BER expert in supporting this process of selecting the demands, formulate assignments and recommend implementing agents/teams.
- Support the Project Management Unit & Senior Business Environment reform expert in demand creation and evaluation of proposal for technical assignments in ACP countries;
- Engage in mapping exercises of Private Sector Development programs in ACP countries.
- Support the coordination with co-implementing agencies to select, prioritize and assign support missions;
- Provide support for team and expert missions preparation;
- Support administrative project tasks, logistics, contracting, coordination, monitoring;
- Occasionally participating in short term missions to ACP countries;
- Support Senior BER Expert in a learning and knowledge agenda on business climate improvements and liaise with co-implementing organisations, Development Finance Institutions (DFI’s) and other financial institutions and businesses & knowledge networks/platforms;
- Provide technical input to and advice on the design and implementation of investment climate/ business enabling environment reform projects;
- Graduate degree in Business Economics, Finance/investment promotion, or related field;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in project management support tasks, organizing, logistics and monitoring & reporting;
- Experience in demand-driven support projects, including call for proposals, proposal evaluation and selection, contracting and assignment to various flexible teams and programme reporting/monitoring of results;
- Affinity with private sector and understanding of investment constraints and policy reform;
- Experience in knowledge management and report drafting;
- Excellent coordination capacities and diplomatic skills;
- Knowledge of European Union institutions and DEVCO working;
- Team player and strong communicator in English. French Language is a strong advantage;
- Flexibility to travel when needed.
Contract Duration: 2 years with possibility of extension.
Contract type: Payroll company Contract. Local hire position.
Expected Start Date: January 1, 2020. Pending of signature of overarching EU contract.
Duty Station: Brussels, Belgium. A valid work permit for Belgium is required.
Working at SNV
SNV offers a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal and global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
How to Apply
Please send your CV and Motivation letter in English before/on November 30, 2019
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
About the Organization
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation - by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation, with decentralised management. Our Global Support Unit (70 staff) backstops our teams around the world.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org