Making Cents International is recruiting for a Business Incubation and Youth Entrepreneurship Specialist to support our activities under the USAID-funded Agribusiness Competitiveness Activity in Tajikistan (ACAT). ACAT aims to improve the competitiveness of Tajikistan’s agribusiness enterprises resulting in increased economic development, employment, and livelihoods.
The Business Incubation and Youth Entrepreneurship Specialist will work closely with partner business development service providers (BDSPs) in Khatlon province to design and implement effective business incubator programs focused on the agribusiness sector and with a particular emphasis on youth entrepreneurs.
The Business Incubation and Youth Entrepreneurship Specialist will:
- Serve as a business incubation specialist for partner BDSPs in Khatlon province;
- Offer guidance and insight into the design of business incubator programs;
- Design training, mentoring, reporting, and other tools to support the business incubator programs;
- Provide mentorship to BDSPs to support the effective implementation and long-term sustainability of the business incubator programs;
- Support BDSPs to engage the agribusiness sector as part of business incubator programs;
- Offer guidance to BDSPs on how to engage youth entrepreneurs in business incubator programs;
- Communicate regularly with ACAT staff based in Khatlon and Dushanbe and Making Cents technical staff based in the United States;
- Contribute to project activity planning, reporting, data analysis as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Level of Effort
This is a full-time consultant position. The Business Incubation and Youth Entrepreneurship Specialist will work out of the ACAT office in Bokhtar, Tajikistan, and some travel in Khatlon province and to Dushanbe is anticipated.
This position is open to Tajik nationals only.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, agribusiness, or related field
- At least six (6) years of relevant experience working in the private sector or in support of private sector development, especially related to entrepreneurship or enterprise development activities
- Strong working knowledge of business incubation approaches; prior experience working with an incubator is preferred
- Experience working with youth entrepreneurs or in youth engagement
- Familiarity with NGO capacity building approaches
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Fluency in Tajik and English
Submit resume and cover letter online through “Join Our Team” under the Contact section of
Making Cents International is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
About the Organization
Making Cents International is a dynamic social enterprise that has been increasing economic opportunities in developing countries for fifteen years. We are known as a source of high quality technical services, and a thought leader in the economic growth arena. Our technical services and collaborative learning activities consistently improve the ability of target populations - especially youth, women, smallholder farmers, and vulnerable populations - to launch and grow businesses, participate in profitable value chains, access finance, and obtain meaningful work. Our services are based on an appreciation of client assets and market needs, local capacity building, and a desire to achieve greater sustainable results. Our success is grounded on core competencies that focus on innovation, quality, teamwork, communication, leadership, and knowledge management.
Making Cents Corporate site: www.makingcents.com.