Grade: IS – 3
Duty station: Songdo, Incheon – Korea
Contract type: 3 years
Number of posts: 1
Unit: Division of Support Services
Reporting to: Manager, Enterprise Software Architecture
Vacancy code: GCF/Recruit/295
The Business Intelligence Specialist will serve as a subject matter expert in business intelligence and data analytics and be responsible for delivering complex data analysis, key reports and actionable insights to different areas of the GCF including high-level management. The position reports to the Manager, Enterprise Software Architecture which is within the ICT Department of the CFO & Division of Support Services. The Business Intelligence Specialist will at any given time work on one or more projects as a project team member, and sometimes as a project lead for medium to complex activities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Create reporting solutions and provide complex data analysis – in both a project-oriented environment and on an ad hoc basis – to enable the achievement of GCF operational and strategic objectives and to meet new business requirements;
- Build and enhance data models and visualizations;
- Maintain and update existing reports and dashboards;
- Assist in further development of big data and predictive analytics in GCF;
- Provide recommendations on business intelligence and analytics approaches;
- Develop tools and processes than can improve the insight and analytical capabilities of GCF;
- Work with the wider ICT team on an overall data, business intelligence, and analytics strategy; and
- Respond to and resolve end-user requests/issues and lead or participate in end-user support and business intelligence training activities.
Expected experience and qualifications*
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Information Management, Statistics, or another related field;
- At least 7 years of professional experience in Business Intelligence (BI), data science, business analytics, market research or related fields;
- Proven understanding of business intelligence concepts and supporting technologies;
- Strong working knowledge of data visualization using Tableau or similar tools;
- Strong knowledge of and experience with data-driven reporting tools and databases;
- Knowledge of Advanced SQL and a modern programming language;
- Advanced Excel development skills (Pivot tables, vlookup, array formulas, macros, etc.);
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing large datasets;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of data;
- Demonstrated experience working with end-users to analyze needs and define requirements;
- Proficient in approaches, procedures and tools to troubleshoot and address data quality and reporting issues;
- Ability to learn and understand key business aspects of the data to translate that to information to assist users in running their day to day business;
- Ability to understand presentation of business information in multiple contexts, including geographical and geo-spatial;
- Proficient in creating information representations in a visually appealing way;
- Strong knowledge of and adherence to development and business intelligence best practices;
- Excellent communication attitude and skillset to work at the same time with business audiences as well as technical experts; proactively bridging potential communication gaps when required; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position; knowledge of another UN language an advantage.
*The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. The above criteria should be seen as indicators of the qualifications, experience and skills that would qualify candidates for consideration. Other combinations of academic qualifications and years of experience may be considered. Selection among short-listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview, appropriate testing and references.
Eligibility for certain benefits shall depend on the place of recruitment and residence, as determined by the Fund in accordance with its rules.
- Planning and Organizing
- Client orientation
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Peterson, Anna)
Subject line: “Business Intelligence Specialist”
Upon submission of your application, you will receive an automatic e-mail acknowledging receipt of your application. Should you not receive a response, however, please check your spam/clutter mail before resubmitting your application. Please also ensure to use the correct spelling for the subject line of your e-mail. Thank you.
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
About the Organization
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to climate change while bringing prosperity to their peoples.
Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions which reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
Since its establishment, the GCF has mobilized 10.3 billion USD, accredited 54 entities to channel its resources and approved 43 funding proposals. In addition, it has built up an extensive program to support developing countries identify their needs, in particular those who are most vulnerable to climate change impacts.
The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff make unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
We are looking to expand our team with more highly skilled and adaptable people who are driven by our mandate, people who appreciate challenges and know how to deliver and thrive in a fast moving, dynamic environment.