Devex is supporting a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting developing countries in adaptation and mitigation practices to counter climate change, in their search for a Business Intelligence Specialist.
The Business Intelligence Specialist will serve as a subject matter expert in business intelligence and data analytics and be responsible for delivering complex data analysis, key reports and actionable insights to different areas of the organization’s including high-level management. The position reports to the Manager, Enterprise Software Architecture which is within the ICT Department of the CFO & Division of Support Services. The Business Intelligence Specialist will at any given time work on one or more projects as a project team member, and sometimes as a project lead for medium to complex activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create reporting solutions and provide complex data analysis – in both a project-oriented environment and on an ad hoc basis – to enable the achievement of the organization’s operational and strategic objectives and to meet new business requirements;
- Build and enhance data models and visualizations;
- Maintain and update existing reports and dashboards;
- Assist in further development of big data and predictive analytics in the organization;
- Provide recommendations on business intelligence and analytics approaches;
- Develop tools and processes than can improve the insight and analytical capabilities of the organization;
- Work with the wider ICT team on an overall data, business intelligence, and analytics strategy; and
- Respond to and resolve end-user requests/issues and lead or participate in end-user support and business intelligence training activities.
Expected Experience and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Information Management, Statistics, or another related field;
- At least 7 years of professional experience in Business Intelligence (BI), data science, business analytics, market research or related fields;
- Proven understanding of business intelligence concepts and supporting technologies;
- Strong working knowledge of data visualization using Tableau or similar tools;
- Strong knowledge of and experience with data-driven reporting tools and databases;
- Knowledge of Advanced SQL and a modern programming language;
- Advanced Excel development skills (Pivot tables, vlookup, array formulas, macros, etc.);
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing large datasets;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of data;
- Demonstrated experience working with end-users to analyze needs and define requirements;
- Proficient in approaches, procedures and tools to troubleshoot and address data quality and reporting issues;
- Ability to learn and understand key business aspects of the data to translate that to information to assist users in running their day to day business;
- Ability to understand presentation of business information in multiple contexts, including geographical and geo-spatial;
- Proficient in creating information representations in a visually appealing way;
- Strong knowledge of and adherence to development and business intelligence best practices;
- Excellent communication attitude and skillset to work at the same time with business audiences as well as technical experts; proactively bridging potential communication gaps when required; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position; knowledge of another language an advantage.
The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. The above criteria should be seen as indicators of the qualifications, experience and skills that would qualify candidates for consideration.
Other combinations of academic qualifications and years of experience may be considered.
Selection among short-listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview, appropriate testing and references.
Eligibility for certain benefits shall depend on the place of recruitment and residence, as determined by the Fund in accordance with its rules.