The Strategy, Policy and Budget Department (SPB) seeks a Business Management Officer/Senior Business Management Officer with extensive business management experience to support active and proposed work programs as well as business deliverables. The successful candidate will (1) be responsible for delivering business plan objectives and supporting regular operations, (2) act as SPB’s liaison with internal departments and (3) focus on the adoption of business processes, work program management practices and information technologies (IT) to achieve SPB’s operational readiness objectives. This position reports to the Director General of SPB as team leader for the department’s business management practices, driving all SPB work programs and business matters.
- Establish a business management framework for SPB based on best practices. This includes setting the business management strategy, evangelizing and driving the adoption of business management solutions and processes and operationalizing project management discipline within SPB.
- Create and manage a business management solution that facilitates information sharing and decision-making among SPB management.
- Serve as SPB’s business management focal point for programs related to SPB process development, IT, records management, facilities management, event management, business continuity and other systems/processes important to SPB’s setup and operations.
- Oversee work programs. Plan, schedule, communicate, facilitate, monitor, control and report on work programs to ensure timely delivery of business objectives within timelines and budget.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure proper stakeholder participation including conducting and/or participating in requirement-gathering workshops with working groups and decision makers.
- Manage the administrative budget and business planning of SPB. This includes tracking and controlling accrued expenses, forecasting expenditures, overseeing SPB’s contracts and invoices and liaising with internal departments for budget management.
- Other assignments as needed.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of business management experience (minimum 8-10 years for senior officer), at least some of which are in finance-related areas supporting bank operations.
- Thorough understanding of business plans. Familiarity with project operations in a multilateral development bank would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated successful experience in a start-up environment where aggressive business targets must be met in a fast-paced, evolving and growing organization.
- Management of work programs and/or departmental budgets with a minimum of USD3-5 million in annual expenditures.
- Experience with large IT system implementations and management, data management and vendor management.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, including site planning and management.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- Self-starting individual with initiative who can build working relationships across teams.
- Demonstrated experience, judgment and leadership to execute multiple, simultaneous and diverse work programs (e.g., balancing competing demands for program scope, time, cost, risk and quality).
- Ability to adapt and play different roles based on business needs to bridge resource/skills gaps and keep several programs moving forward.
- Masteral/MBA degree or equivalent from a reputable university. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (or equivalent) would be an advantage.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the employee level at which a successful applicant will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 93 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.