Supporting the New York-based practice, the role serves as part administrative and part operations / events logistics.
This role reports to the Managing Director of the New York office and has three primary functions
(1) administration for the New York office and relevant tasks;
(2) support for implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial, and compliance activities to deliver projects in accordance with contractual obligations, company policies, and client rules and regulations; and
(3) logistics for hosted training and events
The primary responsibilities of Business Operations are to:
1. Support project start-up, maintenance, and closeout by administering contracts, training and establishing project teams, processing payments and invoices, maintaining records, and reconciling financial and contractual data
2. Learn company policies, SOPs and Guidelines with the goal of providing support in these areas to project teams;
3. Support the development and presentation of internal and external reporting and ensure these outputs are fit for purpose;
4. Participate in internal audits or systems reviews with the goal of learning how to conduct periodic compliance checks on processes and internal controls;
5. Serve as a focal point for project teams, ensuring team members are trained on company policies, SOPs, and Guidelines and that team members are equipped with appropriate internal resources as needed.
Training & Events
1. Execute onsite logistics for strategy execution trainings and networking events (travel required at least 4 times per year, domestic and international);
2. Negotiate venue contracts for trainings and events, including room blocks, food & beverage, and any other accommodations needed to ensure contracted spaces properly support needs;
3. Print and produce client-facing event portfolios with attention to detail, including documents with sensitive client information and copyrighted material;
4. Act as a point of contact for guests and event team members throughout the event period;
5. Liaise with all event vendors and contributors to ensure accurate and punctual event production and schedules;
6. Conduct post-event evaluations and content revisions, working toward the idea of consistently improving client experience.
1. Assist with monitoring expenditure against budgets and forecasts, including staff costs, operating expenses and procurements;
2. Serve as a coordinator for service providers and process work orders and invoices;
3. Assist in ensuring the accuracy of client invoices (including monthly, milestone and performance based invoices);
4. Reconcile and report office expenses and credit card acquittals monthly;
5. Support the external audit process and ensure retention of project records is compliant with company policy.
Head Contract and Client Relationship Management
1. Process completed contracts and initiate project start-up procedures as required;
2. Review and support contract amendments as required.
Human Resource Management and Recruitment
1. Provide support for HR and recruitment as needed;
2. In collaboration with Security, ensure safety and security procedures, including Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements, are in place and adhered to;
3. Support the mobilisation and demobilisation of consulting staff (short-term) including travel management.
1. Answer phones and greet clients guests as required;
2. Handle updates to security systems and manage updates to CRM database;
3. Maintain stock of office supplies and coordinate office shipments and orders;
4. Interface with building management and other vendors for general office maintenance;
5. Provide executive assistance across special projects as needed.
Minimum education and experience required:
1. A relevant Bachelor’s degree;
2. Project management and/or administrative support experience with management consulting;
3. Event execution and planning experience including venue booking and guest relations;
4. Working verbal and written proficiency in Spanish is a bonus, but not required;
Key competencies and professional expertise required
1. Understanding of Project Management;
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
3. Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyze financial reports;
4. Sound problem solving and decision-making skills with a proactive mindset;
5. Ability to travel and work in domestic and international locales, if needed;
6. Good critical thinking, attention to detail, and organizational skills;
7. Ability to work independently and as a part of a team;
8. Basic understanding of A/V setups;
9. Customer service experience (with distinguished clients and donors);
10. Experience with a CRM tool is a plus (Salesforce or other);
11. Knowledge of funding schemes such as DFID, DFAT, USAID or other donor client(s).
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.