The purpose of the Business System Analyst role is to analyse, explore, and investigate the organizational processes and systems, by managing, designing, transforming, modifying, and evaluating Medair’s application landscape, in order to maintain, improve and implement systems and to address changes within Medair through technology.
Medair Headquarters (HQ) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and HQ staff. As a Business System Analyst, you are part of the ITS team and you coach several team members and manage the application portfolio. In addition, you will work closely with the information and infrastructure domains, both at HQ as well as with different field teams located in hubs in different regions (e.g. Jordan & Nairobi).
Workplace & Conditions
Medair HQ, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
- For more senior / technical roles, some other nationalities may be eligible to apply.
- This is a HQ based position in Lausanne Switzerland, with up to 30% field visits.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract
Key Activity Areas
- Engage with department leaders and users to understand how data-driven changes to process, products, services, software and hardware can improve efficiencies and add value.
- Identify and prioritize technical and functional requirements. Then get feedback and find approval to implement changes.
- Documents business requirements and creates detailed functional/technical system specifications.
- Work in collaboration with all ITS team members and other colleagues to ensure that the ITS Strategy is delivered to support the overall strategy of Medair.
- Be part of internal and cross-cutting projects to ensure the alignment of business processes and solutions, and manage the integration of systems.
- Evaluates issue patterns and operational functions to plan and recommend process improvement and possible system upgrades.
- Consult with management and users to determine system needs.
- Work with the ITS team on system analysis with an emphasis on technical expertise in database applications and ability to understand code.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a lightweight Enterprise Architecture.
- Overseeing implementation, coordinating tests and observing initiation of the system to validate performance.
- Coach several team members in prioritization of their work goals and facilitate in developing their professional and soft skills.
- Work with contracted service providers and other technical groups to resolve system issues.
- As an ‘agent for change’ assess and improve processes and procedures, in the context of enterprise application landscape.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor or Master in Computer or Information Science.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- At least three years of working experience in a similar role demonstrating increasing responsibilities.
- Demonstrated skills in business systems analysis, design and system testing.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of systems development methodologies, including agile approaches.
- Knowledge of enterprise business systems (Preferably: Microsoft Dynamics Nav, Qlik, Box, Salesforce).
- Business Process Mapping. Enterprise Architecture. System integration and Data Analysis.
- Servant Leadership.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and resilient team player with positive attitude. Can-do attitude when tackling day-to-day tasks.
Before you apply, please ensure you are fully aware of the:
Then to apply, go to the “Current Vacancies” page, then:
apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile), or
apply for a Medair ROC (where we can try and match your competencies to our vacancy needs)
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed. Medair does not set closing / deadline dates for applications; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.
About the Organization
Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. As signatories of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should be given to everyone who is in need, regardless of political, social or religious viewpoint. We save lives in emergencies and then stay to help people recover from crisis with dignity—working side by side with communities to leave a lasting impact. We provide a range of emergency relief and recovery services: health care and nutrition; safe water, sanitation, and hygiene; shelter and infrastructure.