Cardno is currently seeking a qualified, short-term Mid-Level CAD Designer experienced and knowledgeable in AutoCAD Civil 3D to support project needs related to a USAID-funded dioxin remediation project in Vietnam. The ideal candidate will have at least five (5) years of experience developing layouts, alignments, profiles, cross-sections, surfaces, points, and details for civil engineering projects, including landfills, dams, industrial sites, and utilities. Projects also include mechanical drawing systems and opportunities to contribute from the conceptual design stage through construction.
Scope of Work
The CAD Designer will be responsible for developing CAD drawings for a conceptual design of a long-term storage area (LTSA). Working under the guidance of the design team, the CAD designer will prepare plan view, cross sections and other design details as needed for the conceptual design.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting design plans and details using appropriate and efficient methods compliant with Cardno standards.
- Understanding and visualizing overall civil/geotechnical engineering concepts and translating abstract concepts to design drawings;
- Analyzing sketches, notes and other input material to determine best approach to complete a drawing set;
- Managing production of drawing sets from creation, markup and modification based on overall design; and
- Working collaboratively with other Cardno CAD practitioners to prepare design drawings and details and reviewing completed work products to ensure quality.
- Work within the company project management protocols and procedures.
- Perform technical QA/QC of project deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates’ Degree (AS) in drafting or related discipline, and 3-5 years of full-time experience performing CADD design work. (preferred)
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD Civil 3D (release 2015 or above). (required)
- Experience developing and working with grading plans, cross-sections, alignments, profiles, three-dimensional surfaces, and earthwork volumes for large civil design projects. (required)
- Experience using/incorporating land or aerial surveying/mapping data and files. (required)
- Strong reasoning, mathematical, and geometrical skills.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office applications, including Windows, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with project teams.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines for policy driven clients with aggressive project schedules.
- Ability to exercise professional discretion and judgement; and a critical eye for detail, completeness, and competency
- Ability to simultaneously work on and manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Ability to use computer software including MS Office suite, ACAD, CAD, etc.
- Previous experience with dioxin remediation
- Previous landfill experience
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour training
- Experience in data collection and report preparation related to environmental site assessment and remediation
Position Location & Travel: Remote with potential travel to Bien Hoa, Vietnam
Assignment duration: Anticipated up to 40 working days from February – April 2020
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.
More Jobs from this Organization