Job DescriptionRTI International is seeking candidates for the role of Chief of Party (COP) for several anticipated five-year, USAID-funded Health Systems Strengthening projects. These projects will aim to strengthen the public health system, its relationship with the private sector, and its engagement with citizens, communities, and other health system stakeholders. The projects will develop and implement strategies, responses, and implement activities designed to sustainably improve country health system performance (location: TBD).
- Responsible for the overall performance and results of the project, including management and oversight of the program•s technical, operational, and administrative staff.
- Provide strategic leadership and vision to the RTI-led team. Provide technical and managerial direction for the successful implementation of the project.
- Serve as RTI•s key liaison to USAID, host government counterparts, local organizations, other stakeholders and program partners. Represent the project on behalf of RTI in national, regional, and global meetings (as appropriate).
- Interface regularly with USAID on management and decision-making. Ensure that the project activities are meeting client and stakeholder expectations and that project results are proactively disseminated.
- Develop and implement annual program work and performance milestone plans and negotiates an agreement of those plans with USAID and other partner organizations.
- Ensure coordination and collaboration with other USAID implementing agencies and public sector programs, as appropriate.•
- Ensure the timely and quality completion of all program technical and financial deliverables and reports in accordance with USAID guidelines.
- Responsible for oversight and direction to all long- and short-term personnel hired by the project.
- Directly supervise senior technical and administrative staff members.
Education and Experience
- Master•s Degree in public health, health systems management, International development, health policy, or an advanced degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience managing and leading technical and administrative teams for complex health projects, with substantial knowledge and experience related to policy analysis, advocacy, and/or strategic planning for health in developing countries.
- Demonstrated success in complex health program management including experience in the followings: client relationship management, developing program work plans, developing program budgets, managing program implementation, and fielding and managing short term technical assistance for donor-funded programs (preferably USAID-funded programs).
- Previous experience working as a COP for USAID preferably or USG-funded project is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Senior-level expertise in any of the following technical areas: HIV/AIDS; FP/MCH; Health Finance; Systems Strengthening.
- Additional technical expertise and experience within one or more of the following systems strengthening sub-areas: health financing, health governance, human resources for health, health information systems, health infrastructure, and/or health service supplies and delivery.
- Proven capacity to effectively manage staff and project funds.
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with counterparts and partners, at all levels.
- Ability to develop and lead towards a common vision among partners and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, additional French is highly preferred. Additional language fluencies will be an asset (e.g. Swahili)
- Willingness and ability to be based in country, with frequent travel within the country.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
About the OrganizationIDG Global Health