Abt Associates, a major U.S.-based research, technical assistance, and international development company, seeks a highly qualified technical specialist to support the Global Health Supply Chain Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC-TA-TZ) Program. GHSC supports the development of agile, robust, and sustainable health supply chains that will improve the availability of medicines and the health status of Tanzanians through the following objectives:
- Objective 1: Provide strategic planning and implementation assistance
- Objective 2: Improve delivery of health commodities at service sites
- Objective 3: Broaden stakeholders’ understanding of and engagement in the supply chain system
- Objective 4: Strengthen enabling environments to improve supply chain performance
- University degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Healthcare Management, Business Administration, or related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Minimum of five years’ professional experience in one or more of the technical areas outlined below;
Technical Areas of Interest
Abt is seeking technical specialists with experience in Public Health Supply Chain and Private Sector Engagement.
The following skills and/or experience are desirable:
- Private Sector Health Programming
- Public-Private Partnership Development in Health Sector
- Pharmaceutical Management and Commodity Supply Chain Experience in Tanzanian Public Health Sector
- Financing of Commodity Supply Chains Systems
- Experience in consulting on donor-funded public health programs.
To be considered for this position, an applicant must submit each of the following:
- Updated CV
- Cover Letter that describes how the candidate meets the minimum qualifications
- In the subject line of the email, write the title of the position (Technical Consultant / GHSC) for which you are applying.
Tanzanian nationals strongly encouraged to apply. Please send these documents to: IHDjobs@abtassoc.com
About the OrganizationAbt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development.
Founded in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1965, Abt Associates was built on the concept that sound information and empirical analysis are the best foundations for effective decision making. The firm blends the subject matter expertise of our staff with technical capabilities in applied research, program implementation, and data collection to shape policy, strengthen systems, measure performance, and deliver other solutions to our public and private sector clients.
Examples of Abt Associates’ work include nationally recognized research, evaluation, and technical assistance to improve the efficiency of healthcare systems, the effectiveness of government housing programs, the production of food, and the measurement of public opinion.
Abt’s staff of more than 2000 includes national and international experts who are known for their understanding of communities and governments worldwide, innovative research techniques, and insightful—and often groundbreaking—analyses and recommendations.
Approximately 51 percent of our staff has graduate degrees; one in six has a doctorate. Our staff’s educational and professional disciplines include economics, engineering, environmental analysis, epidemiology, food security, health, housing, international development, psychology, social science, statistics, and survey methodology. Abt’s research staff is experienced with prominent statistical software packages, including SPSS, SAS, and STATA, along with qualitative software such as NVIVO and Atlas.
In 2011, Abt Associates was ranked among the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 development innovators. Abt has offices in Atlanta, Ga.; Bethesda, Md.; Cambridge, Mass.; Chicago, Ill.; Durham, N.C.; and New York City and program offices in nearly 40 countries in Africa, Central and Southeast Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Middle East and North Africa. www.abtassociates.com