DAI Global, LLC is seeking candidates for various positions to support the anticipated five-year, $4-10 Million USAID Laos Business Environment Program, which is expected to begin in late 2018.
The Program is a USAID trade and investment activity that aims to provide trade capacity-building to the Lao Government, including promoting trade within the global rules-based system and meeting commitments made to the WTO and the Laos-U.S. bilateral trade agreement. Additionally, this activity will support issues of mutual interest resulted from U.S. - Laos Trade and Investment Framework Agreement. Positions will be based in Vientiane, Laos.
The Project intends to 1) Improve the competitiveness of SMEs within Laos; 2) create a more inclusive environment for public-private sector collaboration; and 3) Facilitate more effective linkages within the market economy.
DAI is recruiting specialists in the following technical areas to serve in long-term roles on the project:
- Trade facilitation
- Trade law
- Customs modernization
- SME Development
- Regulatory reform
- Value chain development
- Women’s economic empowerment
- Political economy analysis
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Advanced degree in a relevant field, such as economics, business, international development or international relations, and at least 7 years of relevant work experience;
- Minimum of 7 years of experience;
- Experience working on or with donor-funded economic growth programs– strong preference for prior experience on USAID-funded projects;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills; Fluency in Lao.
- Previous experience working in Laos or the region preferred.
Interested qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and CV to LoasMTRecruit@dai.com with their relevant technical area listed in the subject line. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. The deadline for applications is July 15, 2018.
About the Organization
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.