Adam Smith International is calling for expressions of interest from individuals who meet the criteria outlined below the Human Development Monitoring & Evaluation Services (HDMES) program in Papua New Guinea, funded through the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and in collaboration with the Government of PNG. HDMES will provide DFAT and GoPNG with high quality advice and independent assessment about the performance of DFAT’s health and, education and leadership portfolios, in line with DFAT’s Health Portfolio Plan 2018-2023 and the Education and Leadership Portfolio Plan 2018-2023. Major activities are expected to include:
- Conducting independent evaluations of DFAT investments
- Advising/ verifying baselines and M&E frameworks of DFAT’s program investments
- Conducting annual reporting on Portfolio Program progress
- Translating findings into articulate, influential reports, briefings, presentations and innovative communication pieces for DFAT
- Producing innovative, high quality and tailored communication products based on analysis
- Quality assurance of analyses and reports produced by DFAT and partners as directed
- Ad hoc M&E support to PNG Government partners, as directed by DFAT
The programme is due to start July 2019 and run for four years. The core team is expected to consist of:
- Program Director/ Team Leader
- Health Sector Lead
- Education Sector Lead
The roles, if Adam Smith International is the preferred supplier, will initially be full-time (or permanent part-time after an inception period). The roles are open to both PNG nationals and international experts. Working proficiency in English is essential.
The consultant will be required to coordinate effectively between the donor, government stakeholders and program implementing partners to ensure data and findings provide an effective basis to inform decision making within DFAT and GoPNG.
Interested applicants should have the following experience/qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in leading and managing the development of M&E tools, evaluation assignments, field research, longitudinal studies or other research pieces in the health and/ or education sectors
- Strong understanding of donor reporting priories and portfolio-level M&E services
- Experience overseeing the development of innovative communications pieces (incl. use of online media, data visualisation platforms and high-quality reports/ briefing notes)
- Strong experience undertaking education and health data system diagnostics, with a view to reviewing and incorporate additional indicators as required
- Experience leading and overseeing small teams or workstreams to deliver to a high-quality report, on time and in budget
- Experience developing, designing and implementing health and/or education data/ management information systems
- Experience working in PNG and a strong understanding of GoPNG health and/or education sector priorities would be highly regarded.
- Similar experience on other internationally funded technical assistance programmes for DFAT or other bilateral donors.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should follow submission instructions on the Adam Smith International jobs site here:www.adamsmithinternational.com
Expressions of interest are due Thursday 28th February 10:00pm Eastern Australia Standard Time. Submissions will be assessed on a rolling basis so early expressions are strongly encouraged.
We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
About the Organization
Adam Smith International is an award-winning global company that delivers impact, value and lasting change through economic growth and government reform. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments. Adam Smith International has a strong corporate presence globally, with 146 current projects across 49 countries and over 1,000 staff and associates. Headquartered in London, our regional offices are based in Africa (Nairobi, Abuja and Pretoria), Asia Pacific (Sydney) and South Asia (Delhi), with numerous registered offices across Africa and Asia.