The Brazil Energy Programme (BEP) is a 34-month programme that will provide technical assistance and fund management to support the Brazilian government and the private sector to accelerate growth in renewable energy and clean energy technology. The Programme is financed by the UK’s Prosperity Fund, which is dedicated to supporting the adoption of technology and regulatory innovations that can help unlock potential in emerging economies and accelerate progress towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The BEP is one of four PF programmes implemented in Brazil. ASI is the Delivery Partner of the Energy Programme in Brazil.
SCOPE OF WORK
ASI is establishing a roster of experts in the sector of Clean Energy in Brazil, with specific focus on Brazil and the United Kingdom and specializations in one or more of the following areas:
- Technical expertise: biofuels, energy efficiency, energy storage, natural gas (as a transitional fuel), offshore wind, smart grids, solar, waste to energy (biogas), and hydrogen.
- Relevant exposure to Brazilian and UK policies, laws and regulations on energy, environment, green finance, infrastructure, social inclusion, R&D and innovation
- Exposure to R&D, innovation and practical solutions for the deployment of clean energy technologie
- Knowledge about the impact of deployment of clean energy solutions on energy consumption, service quality for end users, demand-side response, GHG emissions and climate change
- Experience designing and implementing national policies and programmes informed by behavioural insights and science and/or setting up or running behavioural insights and sciences units operating in large organizations, governments and/or government agencies or special programmes
- Experience with market-based approaches for cost-effective clean energy deployment, including experience with inclusive business models
- Knowledge of best practices for contractual arrangements between the public sector (municipalities, cities) and private sector service providers in clean technologies
- Understanding of best practices for financing clean energy deployment in Brazil and the UK
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
If you have specialized experience in one or more of the above-mentioned areas, please send us your CV. The roster will include professionals with expertise relevant to the Brazil Energy Programme, including a variety of different perspectives, knowledge, and in-depth experience.
Minimum requirements include:
· Advanced degree and/or equivalent experience in clean energies, including experts with background on engineering, economics, law, political science, business, finance or related fields
· At least 5 years of experience in the relevant area
· Existing network of relevant professionals and key policy, business and finance stakeholders
· Strong facilitation and networking skills
· Dynamic and energetic team player, ready to support colleagues
· Languages: excellent Portuguese and English, both spoken and written is a requirement; knowledge of Spanish would be an advantage
· Ability to take on and execute complex tasks in a responsible, self-organized and independent yet cooperative manner
· Ability to work under time pressure and to manage competing deadlines.
Preferably home based in Brazil or the UK, and may require occasional travel to Brazil.
HOW TO APPLY
ASI invites interested experts/consultants in the relevant fields to submit an Expression of Interest. Please submit a CV (no more than 2 pages), clearly state your area of expertise, daily rate (8h/day) and a short Expression of Interest.
Please send your application by email with the subject headline “Brazil Experts Roster” to
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted.
Deadline for applications is 30 August.
Adam Smith International is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to consider all applicants regardless of colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability.
About the Organization
Adam Smith International is a global advisory company that works locally to transform lives by making economies stronger, societies safer, and governments more effective. We work on behalf of governments, foundations and companies that share our ambition to take on the big challenges facing the world. They come to us to develop strategies and to design, deliver and evaluate programmes that, in turn, stimulate growth, stability and good governance.
For nearly three decades in almost 100 countries, we have been working in partnership with governments, the private sector and civil society in countries at all stages of development.
Our core team of staff and technical experts, in multiple offices around the world, ensures the quality of delivery and high ethical standards that we and our clients require. We bring together a global network of specialist experts, who contribute their experience and know-how, where and when it is needed.
ASI is owned and operated by its employees. We are committed to corporate integrity and a triple bottom line of social, environmental and financial performance.