Nathan Associates Inc., a U.S. based international development consulting firm, is seeking senior level technical experts for provision of monitoring and research services beginning March 2019. Nathan Associates is a leading provider of economic and management consultancy services worldwide.
Each assignment support will be required in areas such as:
- Strengthening of results frameworks (at corporate/regional, program and project levels);
- Design or refinement of data collection methodologies and monitoring tools; and
- Data collection and analysis (including baseline surveys) on specified monitoring indicators and for various interventions implemented across Eastern Africa.
The scope will cover activities in in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan and DRC. Project will also work closely with East African Community (EAC) institutions, national governments, the private sector and civil society organizations. The main recipient will be TradeMark East Africa and its partner institutions.
Qualification Required & Experience
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in M&E related to donor-funded development programs within Africa, with a preference for at least five (5) relevant assignments completed in East Africa within the past five (5) years;
- Preference will be given to M&E experience gained in one or more of the following areas: transport infrastructure and logistics; trade systems; regional integration; and interventions designed to improve the competitiveness of businesses, particularly in East Africa;
- At least five (5) years’ experience of leading teams to undertake: feasibility studies; thematic research; baseline data collection; develop results frameworks, M&E guidance and tools; or deliver M&E training. Preference will be given where the team leader can demonstrate that they have completed at least three (3) team leading assignments in these functional areas in East Africa within the past five (5) years;
- Must be fully proficient in verbal and written English; and
- Proficiency in French, Kiswahili or other local languages spoken in TMEA’s countries of operation will be an advantage.
Please apply by submitting a CV in English to email@example.com by January 21, 2019. Applicants are encouraged to submit an application at the earliest. Nathan Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence and with corporate offices in the US, London, and India and more than 40 program offices around the world, we offer the following areas of expertise, honed since we opened our doors in 1946: International Development, Litigation & Expert Services, Infrastructure Project Development & Finance, Advisory Services