ECODIT seeks applications for long-term and short-term positions for the anticipated USAID EEESA Activity, which will enhance USAID’s energy outcomes by improving gender equality in the Southeast Asia energy sector workforce. Specifically, the Activity will work to (1) increase diversity of the energy sector workforce; (2) support inclusive workplace environments; and (3) increase promotion and leadership opportunities for women in the energy sector.
ECODIT seeks applications from individuals in (but not limited to) the following countries in Southeast Asia: Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, the Philippines, Vietnam, and Thailand. Candidates will be expected to perform a number of technical and/or administrative functions as needed to support EEESA activities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in energy, environment, or other relevant field and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience working on donor funded activities (experience supporting USAID projects preferred);
- Experience working in one or more of the following technical areas: Women’s Leadership, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; Human and Institutional Capacity Building, Organizational Development; Human Resources Management;Gender and Social Inclusion; Workforce Development; Job Creation; Economic Development; Energy Sector Reform; Energy Security; Energy Trade; Energy Poverty; Clean Energy; Energy Sector Resiliency; Operations; Administration and Finance
- Prior experience managing or supporting international development programs (please note that programmatic experience within challenging political and/or cultural context will be beneficial for this project);
- Prior experience integrating gender equality and women’s empowerment issues into the energy sector;
- Demonstrated interpersonal, leadership, administrative, communications and/or conflict management skills;
- Proven experience working a wide range of stakeholders (i.e. local government officials, private sector, NGOs, CSOs, target audience, and beneficiaries), as well as prior experience working with multiple donors and host country institutions;
- Working experience in at least one Southeast Asia country listed above, or countries with a similar political/cultural context, and;
- The ability to communicate fluently in English (both verbally and in writing)
To apply, please send a cover letter and updated resume/CV in English through the “Our Jobs” page of ECODIT’s website. Please note that positions are contingent upon contract award. Applications will be received and reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants who fail to meet the application criteria may be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
ECODIT is an international development ﬁrm working with governments, businesses, and local communities to advance environmentally- and socially-responsible development around the world. We provide technical assistance services ranging from quick-turnaround assessments and evaluations to design and implementation of long-term multi-million-dollar projects. Since its founding in 1993, ECODIT has provided professional services through more than 250 projects/contracts to diverse clients in more 50 countries. Building on our track record of success, we have continuously expanded the depth and breadth of our expertise in the water, energy, environment, and urban and local governance sectors.