MSI is looking to expand our roster of domestic and international evaluation consultants who are fluent in French (speaking, reading, and writing) to support our growing portfolio of evaluation work. MSI currently manages USAID portfolio-wide evaluation contracts in Senegal and Mali and is the primary subcontractor on the Access, Reading, Retention, and Accountability (ACCELERE!) program Monitoring, Evaluation and Coordination Contract (MECC) implemented by International Business and Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
MSI frequently recruits experienced evaluation consultants who are fluent in both English and French on short notice to provide support evaluations. Consultancies range from a few weeks to a few months and occur throughout the year. Specific consultant responsibilities are tailored to assignments. Technical sectors include education, agriculture, health, democracy and governance, and economic growth.
**Please be as specific as possible in your cover letter and/or résumé regarding specific methods of data collection and analysis you have utilized in the past.**
In collaboration with MSI staff and depending on the specific assignment, responsibilities may include the following tasks:
- Designing or reviewing an evaluation methodology or research approach.
- Developing or reviewing data collection and analysis plans, data collection instruments, and sample selection approaches and plans.
- Guiding or participating in data collection.
- Leading qualitative and quantitative data analysis, including statistical, content, or thematic analyses of primary or secondary data.
- Presenting findings and conclusions to USAID and implementing partners.
- Drafting, revising, and finalizing evaluation or assessment final reports, other deliverables, and briefing papers to meet MSI’s and the client’s quality standards.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field with 5-10 years of professional experience.
- Experience as an evaluator, team leader or team member on evaluations and/or assessments.
- Advanced social science research skills and statistics including experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Strong team player who is client-oriented, and has excellent personal communication skills.
- Team Leader roles require outstanding team leadership skills and experience.
- Superior writing ability, including evidence of an ability to structure evaluation reports in a way that logically and transparently lays out empirical findings, conclusions, and recommendations in relation to evaluation questions.
- Strong data visualization skills preferred.
- Fluency in English and French required (reading, writing, speaking).
- Field experience working in Senegal, Mali, and/or the DRC a plus.
- Familiarity with USAID a plus.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.