Abt Associates is seeking expressions of interest from senior-level managers and technical experts fro work on the anticipated Technical Assistance Program under the USAID-funded Next Generation Global Health Supply Chain IDIQ. This program will focus on providing technical assistance services to improve operational excellence in the performance of country supply chains and improve the availability of health commodities to meet the needs of today’s populations as well as support countries on their journeys to self-reliance to meet the needs of tomorrow’s populations. All positions are open to all locations and are contingent upon contract award. Candidates with experience in the below sub-fields as they pertain to supply chain that meet the minimum qualifications should apply.
- Commodity Planning, Quantification and Forecasting
- Procurement of goods and services/ Procurement reform
- Public private engagement and contracting
- Health system resilience
- Health financing and resource management (including Human Resources) for supply chain
- Public sector warehousing and Inventory Management
- National/ sub-national engagement for supply chain/ decentralization
- Health Commodity Distribution and Transportation to the last mile
- Pharmaceutical management, training and quality assurance
- Data Collection and analysis including eLMIS
- Technology solutions
- Commodity and results-based financing
- Governance and leadership and enabling environment for supply chain
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience managing or implementing global health supply chain programs in one or more of the following areas: Supply chain design and optimization, warehousing, distribution, quantification, forecasting, procurement, transportation, and information systems
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in or supporting global health programs in developing countries is required
- Substantial technical experience with programs related to supply chain management and systems strengthening, particularly those related to the implementation of reproductive health, MCH, HIV/AIDS, Malaria, TB prevention, care, and treatment programs in developing countries
- Advanced degree in public health, economic development, operations science, or other related field. Specialized training and/or experience relating to pharmaceutical management or supply chain logistics preferred;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation; driving innovation and measurable impact for more than 50 years. What sets us apart is our evidence-based and multi-disciplinary approach to solving tough challenges in health, social and environmental policy and international development.
Specific areas we work in include:
- Education and workforce development
- Climate change and the environment
- Food security and agriculture
- Housing and communities
- Survey and data collection
Abt is a mission-driven company with a staff of 2,600. Our focus is on using evidence and cutting-edge methods to improve the lives and economic well-being of people worldwide.