Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking experienced and highly-qualified health systems strengthening experts for an anticipated USAID-funded multi-country program. The project will contribute to USAID’s ability to improve the performance of national health systems through improved financial protection, population coverage, quality of essential health services, and responsiveness. The candidates will provide technical oversight and lead interventions and key activities in the following areas:
- Financial Protection - Expertise in integrated approaches and tools for reducing financial barriers to essential health services in decentralized contexts, to include mobilization of public and private resources, and incentivizing private sector investment.
- Population Coverage - Understanding of and experience with approaches to ensuring equitable access to essential health services for underserved and socially excluded populations.
- Quality of Essential Health Services - Experience with proven methods and approaches to improving the quality of human-centered services to align with evidence-based guidelines and standards of care, to include Total Market Approaches.
- Responsiveness - Experience with formal and informal feedback and accountability mechanisms to ensure that health services are transparently governed and accountable to meet clients’ needs.
Candidates should also demonstrate skills with or understanding of adaptive management, capacity building, and systems thinking.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s degree or above in social science, public health, or other appropriate area is required and a minimum of 10 years of experience in progressively responsible, related experience.
- Strong knowledge of health systems strengthening and systems thinking, including experience with all the following technical areas (and recognized expertise in at least one):
- Previous experience working with USAID, and familiarity with USG regulations and administrative procedures in the implementation of donor-assisted projects.
- Implementing integrated approaches to health systems strengthening related to the areas listed above.
- Publication record in related area, and demonstrated ability to support and mentor teams to document and disseminate results.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in French preferred.
How to Apply
Candidates with experience in the areas mentioned above and that meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to submit their CVs (illustrating relevant technical experience) to recruitIHSIP@msh.org. Please specify the technical area of interest in the subject line of the email (e.g., Financial Protection + Name)
This position is contingent upon award and funding.
About the Organization
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization with nearly 2,500 people from over 74 nationalities working in over 40 countries. Our mission: Saving lives and improving the health of the world's poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.