Banyan Global leads a wide range of flagship gender research and implementation activities for USAID, including under the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Gender Integration Technical Assistance (GITA) II Task Order. The GITA II Task Order makes available global, on-demand, rapid-response, short-term technical assistance (STTA) on gender integration to USAID Missions and Bureaus across multiple sectors and in crisis and non-crisis settings. It applies expertise in gender research and practice to the process of designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating USAID strategies, projects, and activities to reduce the gender and women’s empowerment gaps that impede development outcomes. Assignments include carrying out county-level gender and social inclusion analyses and assessments to inform USAID Country Development Cooperation Strategies, as well as more specific work on gender-based violence (GBV) or other priority themes related to gender equality and women’s empowerment.
Banyan Global is seeking qualified senior-level French-speaking gender and GBV experts to lead and implement assignments, some of which require overseas travel.
- Carry out multi-sectoral country-level gender analyses and assessments (priority areas: health, economic growth and women’s economic empowerment, and health) to inform USAID strategic planning and programming.
- Carry out country-level multi-sectoral GBV prevention and response analyses and assessments to inform USAID strategic planning and programming.
- At least eight years of experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment in international development.
- Full professional fluency in French and English (required).
- Sector expertise in one of the following areas:
- Gender-based violence prevention and response (from a multi-sectoral perspective)
- Economic growth and women’s economic empowerment, including employment and workforce development, entrepreneurship, access to capital, access to markets, trade facilitation and border management, economic policy development, legal and regulatory reform, market systems development, infrastructure development and/or technology
- Agriculture, nutrition and food security
- Democracy and governance
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Conducting gender analyses/assessments and action plans
- Designing and facilitating gender discussions, webinars, and trainings
- Designing outcome-focused gender M&E systems, structures, and indicators
- Designing practical, standardized gender integration tools, templates and toolkits
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and French.
- A high level of familiarity with USAID with the USAID program cycle.
- Willingness to travel abroad for 2-4 weeks (preferred).
- Excellent diplomatic and team management skills.
- U.S. Nationals and residents of the U.S. only.
To learn more about Banyan Global’s Gender Integration Technical Assistance (GITA) II Task Order, please visit our website.
Applicants should submit their application with cover letter and resume on our website (http://www.banyanglobal.com/careers-php/). Please no phone calls. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a women-owned and managed international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC, with staff working in a number of countries across the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and monitoring, evaluation and learning.