Abt Britain is issuing a call for expressions of interest from experts with relevant skills for the Good Governance Fund (GGF), Technical Assistance Facility (TAF): Eastern Partnership. The Good Governance Fund is the UK government’s – via DFID and FCO – major investment in supporting key governmental reforms across Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine. The current iteration of the programme, a follow-on from a previous phase, began in May 2020 and will run for a minimum of 42 months. As part of this new phase of the GGF, the TAF will design, deliver, and manage packages of technical assistance in response to terms of reference and concept notes received from the GGF’s Project Management Unit. These packages of technical assistance may vary in budget and size, from embedding 1-2 experts in a ministry over two weeks, to multi-million Pound, multi-year deployments of large teams of experts. To deliver these packages of technical assistance Abt will be creating a database of approved regionally-based consultants, who will form parts of the teams we assemble to deliver the technical assistance. As such, we are requesting expressions of interest from interested consultants or experts. We are looking for consultants with expertise spanning the following five technical areas:
(i) Business environment reform and economic governance;
(ii) Capacity building for more effective public administration and management of public finances;
(iii) Anti-corruption measures and judicial reform;
(iv) Modernisation of key sectors and state-owned enterprises;
(v) Support to stronger and more independent media and civil society
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree qualified in a related field
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills are required
- A working knowledge of English is required, along with one Eastern Partnership language, i.e. Armenian, Georgian, Romanian, or Ukrainian.
The following is highly desirable:
- Experience working with the Eastern Partnership governments in implementing reform projects, e.g. Ministries of Finance, Economy, etc
- Experience working with government regulatory agencies
- Experience working with state-owned enterprises in the Eastern Partnership countries
- A strong understanding of current developments in your technical area of expertise, e.g. the latest developments in economic governance, PFM, etc
- Experience with donor-funded programmes
- Experience managing or dealing with multiple stakeholders
The following experience is desirable:
- Experience working on donor-funded projects funded by the UK government (FCO, DFID, etc)
- Experience in interpreting or undertaking political economy analysis
- Experience working on adaptive, or iterative programmes
If you are interested in the opportunity and believe to have the right skills and expertise, we would like to hear from you.
Please click on the APPLY button or follow the link below to submit your CV and covering letter through our website:
Applications MUST be made directly through our website otherwise they will not be reviewed.
Please keep your cover letters to a minimum of one-page and clearly state your area of expertise and potential interest in the programme, e.g. short term assignments, medium term assignments, long-term full-time, etc. Please also state your expeceted daily rate.
We are looking for candidates who ideally are Armenian, Georgian, Moldovan, or Ukrainian, or others with experience in the region, who currently reside there.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.