DAI, a global consulting firm based in the United States, is currently accepting applications from senior candidates for technical and managerial long-term positions for an anticipated education program in Bangladesh.
Experts with seven (7) or more years of experience in some or all the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Building an inclusive primary level educational environment for children with disabilities. This could include:
- Providing research and building accurate and reliable data regarding effective education approaches for children with disabilities to inform a learning agenda
- Advising on accessible buildings and instruction informed by the principles of universal design to benefit all learners
- Training of teachers to identify and teach children with diverse learning styles, including those with disabilities
- Assisting schools in identifying and providing necessary support and resources to the teachers and students for specific learning needs
- Engaging local communities, parents, and caregivers to remove barriers to education and promote learning for children with disabilities by imparting knowledge, attitudes, and practices to support inclusive education of children with disabilities
- Advocating and dialoguing at the national and local levels in support of disability-inclusive education, including:
- Development and institutionalization of inclusive education policies and national systems/ structures
- Building to government counterparts at the central and district levels to ensure they can plan, manage, and oversee a disability-inclusive education approach
- Stakeholder coordination in the higher education sector, including with relevant ministries, universities, and other national actors
- Advanced degree (master’s or higher; PhD or Ed.D. preferred) in a relevant field (such as education, academic administration, educational policy, etc.) from an accredited university
- At least 7 years technical experience in area of expertise
- At least 5 years of progressive management and leadership experience
- Experience in Bangladesh highly preferred; in the Asia region, required
- Experience with USAID and/or other international donor programs in the education sector required
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral - in English and Bangla
Interested candidates should their e-mail CV and cover letter to BangladeshEducation@dai.com. Please include area of expertise in the subject line of the email (for example, “Inclusive learning expert”).
No phone inquiries will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.