Blumont is seeking Technical Experts for the upcoming USAID-funded Rural Water Infrastructure Governance Activity in Mali. Activity implementation is expected to begin in the Spring of 2020.
Area of Expertise:
- Identify water needs and planning
- Water governance
- Irrigation and multiple use of water systems
- Wastewater and sanitation systems
- Water-smart agriculture
- Water modeling
- Monitoring and evaluation/Knowledge management
- Database knowledge management
- Water and climate risk assessments
- Community and stakeholder engagement
- Communications and outreach
- Water security and climate resilience
- Water rights / water allocation
- Capacity building for national and sub-national governments; civil society organizations
- Water resource management
- Water source protection
- Gender integration
- Emergency water and sanitation
Qualifications and Skills:
- Graduate degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited university
- At least six (6) years’ relevant professional experience
- Previous work experience on USAID programming preferred
- Demonstrated experience in one of the above-mentioned technical areas
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and French is a must.
About the OrganizationIRD, a charitable, non-profit, non-governmental organization, focuses its operations in regions of the world that present social, political and technical challenges. IRD specializes in facilitating and supporting assistance that is tailored specifically to those most in need.
IRD works in collaboration with a wide range of organizations in the design and implementation of humanitarian relief and development aid programs, including U.S. and foreign government agencies, bilateral and international donor organizations, international finance organizations, faith-based organizations, advocacy groups, international and local NGOs, and U.S. corporations.
IRD’s mission is to reduce the suffering of the world’s most vulnerable groups and provide tools and resources needed to increase their self-sufficiency.
We accomplish our mission by implementing targeted cost-effective relief and development programs that improve the lives of these vulnerable groups.