Dexis is seeking experienced Capacity Building Consultants to support the USAID/Kenya Mission Organizational Development Support (MODS) project. The purpose of this project is to provide organizational development and capacity building technical assistance to strengthen the role and capacity of local development organizations, existing local Kenyan entities, and local governments to foster locally led development and implementation of sustainable development programs.
This is a consultancy based in Nairobi, Kenya, with a potential start date before January 1, 2020.
Please note that Dexis is seeking to build a pool of candidates. Applicants will be screened for the purpose of pre-qualification, and applicants that are pre-selected will be included in a database and will be considered for engagement on relevant consulting assignments. This opportunity is open to individual applicants only.
Dexis is seeking to build a database of potential Organizational Capacity Building consultants in the following technical and functional areas:
- Organizational Capacity assessments (OCA)
- Incorporation and legal compliance of for-profit and non-profit organizations
- Financial management and systems strengthening
- Organizational development
- Strategic planning
- Strategic communication
- Resource mobilization and sustainability planning
- Knowledge management
- Monitoring and evaluation of projects
- Human resources management
- Organizational governance and board strengthening
- Organizational leadership development
- Procurement & logistics
- Grants management and USAID compliance
- Gender and youth engagement
- A post-graduate degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 8 years’ consultancy experience in the respective area of expertise.
- Experience in working with civil society, government and non-governmental institutions.
- Experience in mentoring nascent organizations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent facilitation and training skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent oral presentation skills.
- Kenyan nationals highly preferred.
- Fluent Kiswhalili highly desired.
- Professional training in the respective area of expertise is an advantage.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.