Moonshot CVE is seeking a Capacity Building Lead for for an anticipated 5-year project in Kosovo: Kosovo Preventing Youth Violent Extremism.
The Capacity Building Lead will be responsible for providing design of capacity building materials and activities, and leading the training and mentoring of Kosovo CSO partners. The Capacity Building Lead will assist in conducting outreach and relationship building with stakeholders. This position requires experience in countering violent extremism, violence prevention, positive youth development. The position would be Kosovo-based.
Candidates should have a data-driven approach to countering violent extremism, and be open to innovative approaches. Candidates with experience of CVE in the online space and experience using technology to enhance CVE efforts welcomed.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience on international programmes.
- Experience on programmes covering: countering violent extremism; preventing youth extremism; youth development; international development.
- Experience designing capacity building curricula and materials.
- Experience providing capacity building through multiple methods, including formal training and mentoring.
- Demonstrated experience of outreach and building stakeholder relationships.
- Desirable: Previous experience working in Kosovo and/or the Balkans.
Excellent communication skills in English.
Desirable: Experience working in languages used in Kosovo (Albanian, Serbian).
Remuneration commensurate with experience.
To apply for this role please send a CV and cover letter with the following in the subject line: (Devex) Capacity Building Lead, Kosovo Preventing Youth Violent Extremism
About the Organization
About Moonshot CVE:
Moonshot CVE is an organisation that specialises in countering violent extremism (CVE). We use data-proven techniques to ensure our clients respond to violent extremism effectively. Our work ranges from software development and capacity building, to leading global counter-messaging campaigns.
We do this through:
- Finding new ways to reach individuals at risk of involvement in violent extremism.
- Working across different types of violent extremist ideologies.
- Collaborating with partners, and working for clients including governments, NGOs and private sector organisations from across the globe.
- Building a multifaceted team with backgrounds in a diverse range of professional and academic backgrounds, including international development, communications, policing, psychology, data science and software engineering.
- Investing in research and development of new technologies and methodologies to counter extremism.