Scope and Objectives
The Kaizen Company is responding to the release of a Request for Proposals for USAID/Jordan’s Enhancing School Management and Planning (ESMP) Project, which aims to improve the time and budget management as well as overall quality of the school environment in Jordan by enhancing the planning, oversight, and operation and maintenance capabilities of the Ministries of Education (MOE) and Public Works and Housing (MPWH).
Kaizen is seeking a Capacity Building Specialist to support the project’s main objective to improve the existing management systems and procedures used by the Government of Jordan (GOJ), through the MOE and MPWH, for the planning, construction, and utilization of public schools in Jordan.
This position is located in Amman, Jordan.
- Work with and assist the Chief of Party (COP) in the planning of activities and development of training materials, training and mentoring, and studies
- Coordinate with the COP to incorporate all activities in one coherent work plan for the project
- Lead the implementation of performance standards
- Report against Performance Management Plan (PMP) indicators
- Provide technical expertise in capacity building
- Conduct capacity assessments of MOE and MPWH, Districts, and Schools
- Support creation of capacity development plans, performance-based position descriptions, business process re-engineering (BPR) exercises, etc.
- Support capacity-related aspects of MOE and MPWH decentralization efforts
- Support capacity development of school districts, community groups, etc.
- Support the COP and DCOP in other areas as required in the successful implementation of the program
- A bachelor’s degree in Institutional Capacity Building, Business Administration, or Organizational Development from an accredited institution in the US; a master’s degree in Capacity Building (or a similar field) is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in capacity building for local and national governments
- Experience in preparing and delivering training and training materials
- Experience in capacity building with governments ranging from the municipal to the central ministry level (preferred)
- Excellent writing ability
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to resolve work issues with senior country counterparts, donor representatives, and senior-level staff
- Must be a Jordanian National
About the Organization
The Kaizen Company (Kaizen) is a development consulting firm that cultivates innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. For more than a decade, Kaizen has brought innovation into the world of donor-funded international development in Africa, Central Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America/Caribbean, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia.
In parallel, Kaizen has been incubating innovations to scale through market forces to achieve development objectives without the need for donor funding. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals.
We leverage existing knowledge, technology, and new media, and local peer networks to support local reforms. Since our inception, we have provided support to more than 100 government, private-sector, and non-profit organizations in markets worldwide.