The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Support Activity is a five-year activity to assist USAID/Nigeria in advancing its broader organizational learning and development efforts. This will be accomplished by further strengthening the Mission’s capacity and performance in programmatic MEL and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA). The MEL Support activity will closely align with USAID/Nigeria’s new Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and provide a broad range of specialized technical assistance, training, data gathering and analysis, field-based monitoring, evaluations and assessments, and facilitation of organizational learning and adaptation initiatives.
Dexis is seeking a Capacity Building Specialist to provide leadership and expertise to the MEL Support Activity. This position will be based in Nigeria and hiring for this position is contingent upon award.
- Contribute to the work of implementing the CLA capacity building strategy to build a cohort of CLA champions among USAID staff and implementing partners
- Lead the design and development of learning experiences (training, tools, resources, peer learning, etc) in collaboration with subject matter experts, that help USAID staff and implementing partners develop the individual competencies needed to successfully integrate CLA practices into their work
- Manage and facilitate training courses – in-person, online and blended
- Curate content, participate in online communities, work out loud, and model other personal learning habits
- Lead one to two capacity-building or core buy-in projects per year, collaborating with USAID activity manager to define scope of work, implement the work, and manage the project from start to finish
- Contribute to internal monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) through data collection and analysis, quarterly reflection sessions, and a mid-term evaluation
- Provide internal capacity building through mentoring and coaching to staff in areas of expertise
- Other duties assigned
- Bachelors and 6 years of experience OR Masters and 4 years of experience in strategic learning, instructional design, training, knowledge management, organizational development, and/or evaluation at least three of which must be in an international development context
- Ability to convey the importance of strategic learning, knowledge management, organizational development, communications, and/or M&E as a cornerstone of a successful organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with USAID
- Professional references commenting on work style
- Positive attitude and ability to work with others constructively
- Nigerian citizen preferred, experience working in West Africa required
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in Hausa, Yoruba, or languages native to Nigeria desired.
About the Organization
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.