Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Capacity Building Specialist will provide technical expertise to the Parliamentary Committee for European Affairs (CEA) and it’s secretariat, and will conduct will conduct Training Needs Assessment and Strengthening the Administrative Capacities.
- Assessment and development of short-term Plan for strengthening the capacity on Parliamentary Committee for European Affairs (CEA) and it’s secretariat;
- Design of the Training Needs Assessment (TNA) Questionnaire(s);
- Disseminate the Questionnaire(s) to relevant beneficiary staff;
- As necessary, organise focus groups for further clarification of received answers to the Questionnaire(s);
- Collect and process/analyse Questionnaires;
- Develop the Draft-Report on TNA;
- Develop the Draft-Plan for strengthening the administrative capacity in identified areas;
- Facilitate a Workshop to present the findings of the plan.
- Training Needs Assessment Questionnaire(s) designed;
- The Draft-Reports on TNA developed;
- The Draft-Plan for strengthening the capacity developed;
- The Workshop to present the findings of Plan facilitated;
- The short-term Draft-Training Plans for strengthening the capacity developed
- Workshop(s) conducted, background documentation and presentation
- Draft final report for the assignment
Required Selection Criteria
- Advanced University Degree preferably in public administration, management, developments studies or other relevant social sciences / discipline is required
- University Degree (Bachelor’s degree / first level) with a combination of two additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- Five years with master’s degree or seven years with bachelor’s degree of direct experience in capacity building activities is required
- Two years’ experience in Training Needs Assessments (TNA) and training implementation is required
- Working with /for operational structures for European integration issue is strongly desirable
- Knowledge of the legislative process, screening acquis, law approximation would be an asset
- Fluency in English and Macedonian (speaking, reading and writing) is required
- Good analytical skills
- Good reporting skills
- Computer literacy
- Strategic Perspective - Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization. (for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)
- Integrity & Inclusion - Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Leading Self and Others - Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
- Partnering - Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Results Orientation - Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Agility - Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behaviour. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Solution Focused - Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Effective Communication - Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
ALL CANDIDATES ARE REQUESTED TO SUBMIT A CV AND COVER LETTER ALONG WITH THEIR APPLICATION
Contract type, level and duration
This is a local position, it is therefore open to nationals of the Republic of North Macedonia and to individuals who have a valid residence/work permit.
Contract type: Local ICA Retainer
Contract level: L-ICA 10
Contract duration: Up to 15 working days, in period of five months
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
For more information on UNOPS, please visit the UNOPS website at www.unops.org
About the Organization
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Nordic Support for Progress of North Macedonia
The Government of Norway has decided to fund a sub-regional programme “Nordic Support for Progress in North Macedonia” to be implemented by the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS). The project consists of a socio-economic development support to the more undeveloped parts of the country and also envisages support to the Macedonian authorities responsible for leading the renewed efforts on the EU accession process.
The Government of Norway has allocated funding for the implementation of the Project in Macedonia during 24 months.
The Overall Objective of the Norway support is to contribute to a more balanced socio-economic development and contribute to the implementation of the Stabilisation and Association Agreement and EU accession negotiations priorities.
Specifically, the programme has objectives at the local and national levels i.e. locally, to increase employment opportunities, support social cohesion as well as to enhance local infrastructure in the less developed areas with a focus given to the inclusion of youth, women and vulnerable groups in the labour market. Nationally, the programme aims at supporting the government to improve capacity for EU integration.
All Programme activities will be undertaken in partnership with the Government of Macedonia, in cooperation with the national and local institutions, with the aim of allowing them to adopt/adapt the legal requirements and, where relevant, EU accession criteria.
This will ensure national ownership and support the development of national capacities.
Background Information – relevant for the assignment
The purpose of Result 3 “Supporting the government reform agenda in the accession process” is to provide support to relevant national is to contribute to further building of capacities of the central coordination structures for the accession process and relevant national authorities.
The Parliament Committee for European affairs (CEA) monitor the implementation of the NPAA legislative plan and obligations arising from the SAA and other international instruments; harmonization of the national legislation with the EU legislation; other activities relevant for the accession process; monitor Government activities, relevant for the accession negotiation process; regular inform the Parliament on all EU related issues; cooperate with other working bodies of the parliament.
The project will provide consultancy support in conducting the needs assessment of CEA, through outsourced expertise/consultancy. Based on the assessment findings and recommendations, the project team will design and implement a tailor-made training curriculum/capacity building project that will be provided to the CEA by the consultancy, and will be aimed at bridging the recorded gaps, and further developing existing competencies and knowledge for accession process.