Panagora Group, a woman-owned small business specializing in monitoring, evaluation, and learning, global health, and international development, seeks an experienced Capacity Building Specialist for the anticipated 5-year USAID/Peru Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning for Sustainability (MELS) Activity. The MELS Activity will provide USAID/Peru, USAID/Brazil, and USAID/Paraguay with technical and advisory services for monitoring and evaluation activities, capacity building, evaluation studies and assessments, and increase use by USAID and its implementing partners of collaboration, knowledge management, and learning techniques. The MELS activity will provide strengthen monitoring and evaluation functions and ensure expansion of local capacity to carry on these functions on a sustainable basis.
This is a long-term position based in Lima, Peru. The position is contingent upon award and USAID approval.
- Support capacity assessments for private sector associations, in particular organizational self-assessment workshops, and updating of capacity strengthening plans, using highly participatory processes and flexible approaches
- Provide input on organizational assessment tools and agendas
- Facilitate multi-day training and capacity assessment activities for a wide range of stakeholders
- Develop approaches for training USAID staff and partners on the implementation and facilitation of capacity assessments and capacity building plans
- Identify and implement new initiatives that build value for association members and ways to improve sustainability
- Identify and implement strategies to strengthen governance in private health sector associations
- Prepare capacity assessment reports, periodic activity reports, capacity building plans, presentations, and other deliverables as necessary
- Work collaboratively with USAID staff and the Panagora home office
- Advanced degree in public health, business, or related relevant field
- At least 5 years’ experience in promotion of private sector health including association development, development of networks and franchises, and development of PPP models
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of a range of organizational development interventions including but not limited to organizational capacity assessment, trainings, coaching, organizational restructuring, systems and processes review
- Prior experience in the implementation of USAID-funded projects involving multiple partners and host country counterparts
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with local organizations, governments, and particularly the private sector
- Ability to write technical reports in English
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Fluency in English, Spanish and Portuguese required
- Must be a legal resident of Peru. S/he may be Peruvian or an expatriate already living in Peru with a minimum of five years’ experience living and working in developing country
Only finalists will be contacted. Panagora is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our vision is to provide high-quality, high-impact social and economic development consulting, with a special focus on public-private partnerships, human and institutional capacity-building, knowledge sharing and collaborative learning, NGO/community engagement, and integrated solutions that build country capacity and independence.