International Resources Group (IRG), a wholly owned subsidiary of Engility Corporation, seeks qualified candidates for the position of Capture and Proposal Systems Director.
The Capture and Proposal Systems Director is a key member of IRG’s multidisciplinary capture/proposal teams and plays an active hands-on role in technical proposal development.
- Ensure company capture systems and processes are institutionalized. Update and improve capture and proposal processes, templates, and support infrastructure based on lesson’s learned, government direction, and company needs.
- Facilitate individual capture efforts for specific opportunities.
- Lead/support multi-discipline, cross-functional, and divisional proposal teams.
- Coordinate or manage detailed proposal plans, including compliance matrix, competitive analysis, intended win themes, resource requirements, and intended staff assignments.
- In coordination with proposal teams, assist in the development of proposal schedules and track proposal progress to ensure on-time delivery.
- Lead or attend key meetings (e.g., bid/no bid meeting, kickoff/strategy meetings, color team/gate reviews). Ensure proposal reviews are held.
- Working with Contracts team, ensure Technical and Cost proposal consistency.
- Support the writing of the non-technical sections of proposals, including Corporate Qualifications, Management, Executive Summary, and other non-technical sections, as necessary.
- Conduct final proposal edit and rewrites (or arrange for them to be done) to ensure contextual integrity and integration of each proposal section, adherence to proposal themes, and compliance with RFP.
- Ensure the quality of the overall production, packaging, and delivery of proposals.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of high-quality boilerplate text.
- Conduct post-proposal lessons learned and post-award debriefing sessions to assess wins and losses.
- Mentor and train staff on capture and proposal-writing skills.
- Supervise Proposal Editor, Production Manager, and Business Development Associate.
- Ensure a stable of temporary proposal editor/writers for heavy proposal schedule periods and backup.
- 10 or more years of senior-level experience in capture and proposal systems, including writing/editing, for professional services or management consulting firms with federal government clients.
- Experience with USAID preferred.
- Ability to read and understand Government RFPs, identify all requirements contained there-in, develop compliance matrixes and an annotated outlines that structures compliant proposals. Understanding of the use of graphics/visuals in proposal content.
- Ability to track and monitor complex documents from inception to production and successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to interact effectively with senior staff, external clients and stakeholders including a proven ability to build consensus and relationships and influence and motivate teams to achieve goals.
- Ability to manage capture/proposal teams, supervise business development staff, and work closely with company leadership.
- Expertise in MS Office products including MS Word. Familiarity with the use of “Virtual Proposal Centers.”
- Basic understanding of FARs.
- Team player, with an excellent work ethic and a flexible schedule.
- Highly-detailed, strategic thinker with substantial capacity to thrive in deadline-driven, dynamic environment.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, marketing communications or related field.
- Completion of Shipley or similar training in writing and managing winning proposals.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
How to apply: Go to Capture and Proposal Systems Director and follow the instructions for applying online.
Only a select group of qualified candidates will be contacted for follow up and interviews. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Engility Corporation was formed in 2012 and is headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia. Our name is derived from “engineering” and “agility” and we employ great people who anticipate our customers’ needs and move quickly to serve them. Engility has some 9,000 employees in locations throughout the United States and worldwide. Our professionals provide a broad range of technical, analytical, operational, training, security services and products to government and commercial customers. At Engility, we conduct ourselves with the highest standards of integrity, accountability and respect, honoring our commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Our core competencies include Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support, professional services, education and training, operational support, logistics, and international capacity development.
For more than 30 years, IRG has helped foreign governments, the private sector, communities, and households manage critical resources to build a cleaner, safer, and more prosperous world. We have completed more than 850 contracts in over 140 countries, delivering high-quality, cost-effective services that promote positive economic growth, institutional and social change, and intelligent use of resources – human, physical, environmental, and financial.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long- and short-term disability, life insurance, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and tuition reimbursement.
Engility is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Engility provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Engility maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact our Human Resources department using the contact us form from our website at www.engilitycorp.com