Job Information: Capture Consultant - USAID-funded Labor and Consumer Rights Activity Job
Winrock International is a leading organization working across the globe to improve the ability of individuals and communities to increase income and strengthen the economic base through sustainable approaches. Winrock specializes in international development projects and consulting services in a wide range of areas, including countering trafficking in persons through livelihood development; leadership and capacity development; and community mobilization.
Winrock has a long history in Southeast Asia and globally working with USAID and other donors to combat human trafficking, reduce child labor, and build the capacity of leaders and communities to effect social change and protect rights. In Cambodia, Winrock partners with donors, government agencies and communities to reduce trafficking, empower vulnerable populations, improve energy and natural resource management, and strengthen sustainable agriculture.
Winrock is considering a bid for an anticipated USAID-funded project to engage small and medium enterprises (SMEs), unions, businesses, and consumer associations to harmonize industrial relations, consumer protections and minimize supply chain disruptions, all while advancing labor and consumer rights. The consultant will contribute technical expertise on labor rights, consumer protection and the private sector in Cambodia to the capture efforts. The consultant will provide logistical support to set up meetings with key stakeholders, collect information, and help translate conversations and documents relevant to the opportunity.
Up to 25 days of work between March 4- April 30, 2018
Apply via the link below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Logistics for a Field Assessment
- Organize meetings with business associations, unions, consumer associations, international and local NGOs focused on labor and consumer rights and other key private sector stakeholders.
- Organize meetings with relevant government and civil society stakeholders working to advance labor and consumer rights.
- Accompany Winrock staff in meetings and, where appropriate, serve as translator with local stakeholders.
- Prepare and send follow up emails or letters of thanks to those who met with Winrock.
- Assist in the collection of relevant follow-up documents (project reports, research, policy, tools, etc.) from stakeholder groups and other sources.
- Assist in collection of ‘Letters of Support’ from potential partners identified with Winrock.
- Help develop and continuously add to the list of potential stakeholders relevant to proposed programming.
Provide contextual information about labor and consumer rights and the private sector
Prepare a 4-6 page brief contributing information relevant to the issues of labor and consumer rights. The brief should include all sources referenced and include the following sections:
Relevant data with brief analysis (2-3 pages)
- Brief analysis on key sectors and supply chains within Cambodia and their record with labor rights
- Overview of technological innovations used in the advancement of labor and consumer rights
- Analysis of laws and policies affecting the progress on labor and consumer rights
Identification of key stakeholder groups and an analysis of how each champions or blocks progress (2-3 pages)
- private sector - both individual companies and industry associations
- consumer associations
- civil society, including media
- A complete itinerary of confirmed meetings with key stakeholders.
- 2-page consultancy report detailing work completed corresponding to the tasks assigned under Section II, Task 1.
- A 4-6 page brief outlined in Section II, Task 2.
- Letters of support collected from partners as instructed by Winrock staff.
This position will not accept applications after March 4th 2019. Winrock is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.