· The incumbent will be the lead technical expert in HIV clinical care and treatment and help assure appropriate clinical standards are incorporated and maintained within the service delivery contexts of the activity. S/he remains current in all PEPFAR guidelines for HIV care and treatment and helps determine the clinical factors contributing to or hindering the achievement of PEPFAR targets for care and treatment in Malawi. S/he is well versed in global evidence and best practice for HIV treatment and clinical care and provides technical leadership to the activity and to the MOH as appropriate.
· The Care and Treatment Lead will provide technical support to clinical staff in the provision of multidisciplinary family centered HIV/AIDS care and treatment services in CDC supported sites.
· Enhance retention and minimizing lost to follow up (LTPU) through effective adherence and psychosocial support and implementation of co infection of HIV /TB.
· Ensure that health providers are well equipped with skills to appropriately manage pregnant mothers, exposed infants, children, adolescent, key populations and men living with HIV according to national guidelines and standards.
· Implementation innovative differentiated model of care to improve retention to care like community ART groups, Fast tracking refill and multi dispensing and managing people with high viral load.
· Provide technical oversight, strategic direction and definition of project activities related to HIV linkage, treatment, care and support and addressing critical gaps in HIV linkage, care and treatment incorporate the state of the art approaches for strengthening HIV linkages, care and treatment, and especially transition to TLD and work with health care providers, local authorities, community members and project team members to identify service delivery issues that impede access to care and uptake of services
· Ensure that the patients are retained to care and their viral load is suppressed through viral load test and have a good turnaround time (TAT) for their results and if the VL is high put them on intensive Adherence Counseling IAC) and proceed to second line treatment if no improvement
· Coordinate assessments, site strengthening, follow-up and supervision, advocacy, demand creation, policy support, capacity-building and M&E across program sites as required by program activities
The following are the expected qualifications for the position:
· A Medical Degree;
· Five to Seven years of progressive clinical experience working in Malawi and/or other developing country contexts, and demonstrated technical and management expertise in the field of public health;
· Demonstrated progressive experience working in the field of HIV/AIDS service delivery, policy, and/or research;
· Demonstrated skills in monitoring and evaluating the quality of HIV clinical services;
· Strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills; and
Position is for 5 year fixed term contract
applications close 16 April 2021