*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in the United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Jordan, Europe or Latin America & Carribean Region where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As, Cash and Market Based Programming Advisor you will have responsibility for the coordination and tracking of Disaster Management (DM) CoP cash and market based programming projects. As a member of the DM/ Technical Resources Team, you will be responsible for technical leadership, business intelligence, branding and administrative oversight of this emerging project portfolio. You will serve as the principal institutional point of contact for DM cash and market activities, technical support to Regional Office (RO) and National Offices (NOs), including resource development and will ensure that this new way of working is communicated effectively. You will also help NO’s to develop partnerships and agreements with financial service providers and mobile network operators in various contexts.
- Degree or post graduate qualification and / or professional background in CBP design, implementation, humanitarian work, finance, economics, international development, or other relevant field.
- 5 to 7 years of international humanitarian experience managing grant-funded projects.
- Knowledge of, and expertise in, cash transfer technologies and methodologies, contracting and procurement.
- Extensive understanding of payment systems, procedures and financial compliance issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills plus strong presentation and report writing skills in English and Arabic, Spanish language skills desirable.
- Frequent international travel. Deployment to emergency operations for up to 30% of time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 23 JAN 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.