Note: This position is contingent on donor funding.
You will manage and provide technical oversight of the development and implementation of the Country Program (CP) Emergency Food Security Program in Western Equatoria, specifically supporting on cash (vouchers), markets, SILC, and livelihoods programming. You will ensure effective systems and processes are in place that support high-quality programming advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its cash (vouchers), markets and livelihoods programming.
Education and Experience
* Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations, Agriculture, Economics, or other related fields required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience in relevant field-based project management experience required, with preferably at least 2-3 years working in the area of cash (vouchers), markets and/or agriculture
* Experience in managing moderately complex projects preferably with an international NGO. Experience in assessment, design, planning, start-up and/or implementation of cash-based programming in volatile contexts a plus.
* Ability to conduct quality market assessments and response analysis processes; familiarity with Minimum Economic Recovery Standards (MERS) and other industry standards and best practices preferred.
* Demonstrated application of technical principles and concepts for humanitarian cash programming across different sectors, including food security, livelihoods, and social protection.
* Demonstrated application of monitoring and evaluation system including technology in development (ICT4D) to advance results agenda.
* Experience in business development, project design and proposal development in cash and markets, and a demonstrated ability to write high quality technical proposals.
* Demonstrated experience in the selection of appropriate delivery mechanisms and selection of Financial Service Providers.
* Experience engaging with donors, peer organizations, and civil society partners.
* Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
* Experience integrating gender and protection mainstreaming approaches in cash-based programs a plus.
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Fluency in English is required (excellent in writing, reading, listening and speaking English)
Travel Required: Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time to project sites and Juba for donor meetings and representation
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS's Agriculture and Livelihoods team supports farming communities using our Pathway to Prosperity approach, which enables rural families to increase their productivity within sustainable landscapes, achieve a living income and build more resilient communities.