Job Title: Technical Advisor II – Cash and Markets
Reports to: HRD Cash TA II with in country/EARO supervisor
Internal Title: Advisor II
Department: Humanitarian Response Department
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Ethiopia/Addis Ababa
You will provide technical advice, guidance, and support to a wide range of program design and implementation issues in the area of cash and markets in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to regional and Country Program (CP) teams and partners to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your technical knowledge, advice and guidance will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS’ cash and market-based programming in Ethiopia and other CRS country programs in the East Africa Regional Office (EARO).
* Master’s Degree in economics, agricultural economics, business, international development or related field required.
* Minimum of five years relevant international working experience in an advisory or management role with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with minimum of three years working for programming interventions in cash and market-based programming.
* Previous experience providing technical assistance and developing successful proposals for external donor funding is required.
* Demonstrated application of technical principles and concepts and experience in humanitarian cash programming across different sectors, including food security, livelihoods, social protection, and multi-purpose cash/basic needs.
* Experience in the design and implementation of market support interventions is highly desirable.
* Experience in business development, project design and proposal development in cash and market-based programming including technical writing.
* Demonstrated experience implementing high quality needs assessments, market assessment and analysis (including familiarity with tools such as the Rapid Assessment of Markets (RAM), Emergency Market Mapping and Analysis (EMMA), Market Assessment Guidance (MAG) and/or similar tools etc.), and responsible analysis.
* Knowledge of SPHERE and SEEP Minimum Economic Recovery Standards (MERS).
Required Languages – Fluency in English is required, and fluency in other regional languages (e.g. Amharic) is desirable.
Travel- The position is based in Ethiopia, or the East Africa Region, and requires approximately 50% travel, sometimes to hardship locations and for extended periods of time that can last several weeks or months. Work may be required on weekends and evenings during emergencies.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS's Agriculture and Livelihoods team supports farming communities using our Pathway to Prosperity approach, which enables rural families to increase their productivity within sustainable landscapes, achieve a living income and build more resilient communities.