Base: Gaziantep - Turkey
Starting date: Immediately/according to availability
Duration: 12 months
Line Manager: Field Coordinator for North-West Syria
About People in Need
People in Need’s programs for war-affected Syrian population focus mainly on livelihood/food security, rural rehabilitation and emergency education.
Cash programing manager is in charge of cash component in various projects from donors such as ECHO, OFDA, DFID etc. Program combines un-conditional and conditional cash modalities varying from Cash for work, food vouchers to multi-purpose cash assistance in Syria.
For more info see: https://www.clovekvtisni.cz/en/what-we-do/humanitarian-aid-and-developme…
- Management and supervision of the projects implemented in Syria, through remote management; managing activities and program in line with PIN’s strategy and mission goals
- Responsible for cash component within specific projects, its progress, budget spending and planning as well as timely achievement of the project’s milestones;
- Supporting development of new projects, adjustment of the used methodologies given lessons learnt on the ground
- Organizing, assessing and analysing the situation on the ground with aim to design most appropriate program implementation and strategy;
- Providing technical support and deliver training to the program team;
- Project report writing
- Closely coordinating with M&E to ensure the best possible monitoring and control over the remotely managed program in Syria
- Responsible for recruitment, training and development of the capacities of staff in program;
- Ensuring that linkages to other PIN programs implemented in the area are established and program is implemented in coordinated way;
- Ensuring compliance with donors and PIN rules;
- Participating actively in Sectorial coordination meeting and fora (CBWG);
- Ensuring coordination with local and international stakeholders and partners
People in Need offers:
- Experience of working for a humanitarian or development organization;
- Familiarity with the humanitarian context in Syria;
- Experience with cash transfer programing;
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Experience of managing staff;
- Experience in budget management;
- Experience in remote management;
- Strong critical analysis and problem solving skills; and
- Fluent English both spoken and written (Arabic is an advantage).
How to apply:
- Environment of well-established and growing organization
- Salary according to PIN salary scale, start-up salary app. 3.000 EUR (before taxation, per diems included)
- Performance related bonuses paid half yearly based on standard evaluation process
- 25 days of paid leave annually
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line
- Travel health insurance
- Accommodation in PIN guesthouse on PIN expense
Kindly send us your cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English via green button “Apply” on following link.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout the 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectivity both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe.